Owners of Edge get Busted

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Owners of Edge get Busted

Well it appears the "good ol boys" whose marketing program is to do what-ever they want to sell a product & then try to say..."The customer knew what they were doing" defense FAILED.

http://www.epa.gov/enforcement/air/c...eproducts.html

and regardless of what their 'promoters" over-demandingly try to say, etc...it did catch up with them...there are other "Tuners" who are doing much worse than this also highly promoted on this forum who i will no doubt read about their incarceration in the future...................

Old 01-22-2013, 01:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very interesting. Does this apply to the basic gas tuning we see from 5star/VMP/MPT which does not involve (in most cases) turning off certain emission devices? We've all read many people on here stating passing their emissions tests was no problem in their F150, so I'm curious.
I realize the diesel tuning was much more "wild" to put it sedately.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:46 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Depends on the state cheef... Ma follows CA emissions, all sensors must be on and ready.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Thanks Truckguy24. Ontario driveclean e-test was just a tailpipe reading so you just had to pass with a clean tailpipe reading. It has just changed however and it appears as though some emissions equipment will be visually checked. For the Ontarians on here with modded rigs you should probably read this:
http://www.ene.gov.on.ca/environment...OD_075681.html

Old 01-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More government control....

Old 01-22-2013, 11:07 AM
That's BS

F the EPA, that is just ridiculous. Sorry edge, you have a good product and I hope you can bounce back.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:38 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
BS or not, it's the law.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
BS or not, it's the law.
Correct! I really believe modern emissions controls do not harm performance much at all and feel they are there for good reasons. Remove them at your own peril.

- Jack

Old 01-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
BS or not, it's the law.
I agree...additionally think about it this way too.....if all your competitors are following the law and you are not, it is for one reason, make more money illegally.....that takes sales, jobs, revenue away from the others including the communities they are physically located in, who are hard working & honest........

so much for ethics with Edge.....and its not like they were not warned in advance.....and basically with their "no action" response just waved a big red flag saying come & get us if you dare........

In another industry I saw similar ethics with another business owner.......and with the political connections at the time could do just about anything they wanted...long story short- the competitors had enough after 5 years of it and knew they either had to take a stand or loose their businesses...they did, they formed a coalition, hired an attorney and sued the business in court for unfair trade practices.......because of the evidence submitted & discovered, it drug in the criminal justice system - the civil & criminal lawyers didn't stop after it hit the news.....not only did they put these guys out of business, they made sure they could never pull anything like they had again!

Last edited by beechkid; 01-22-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:39 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Correct! I really believe modern emissions controls do not harm performance much at all and feel they are there for good reasons. Remove them at your own peril.

- Jack
With gas engines, this is very true. However, this is definitely not the case with 2007+ diesels. Remember the first catalytic converters on gas engines in 1975 and how much they choked engines down - and performance/economy didn't start coming back till the invention of O2 sensors and electronic engine management? Diesels are now in this early stage. The use of DEF is starting to help here, but the whole DPF system is just as bad as the original cats from 35 years ago.

Ask anyone with a 6.4 about mileage and performance - and major issues with the regen system. My nephew has a 2008 F-350, his regen just stuck on, it cooked/plugged the DPF, and took the engine down with it. He's now looking at a multi-thousand buck repair on a truck he was already upside down in. He's in California so there will be no delete possible, nobody will touch it. Ask Adrianspeeder about the major difference in his 08 after his delete and tune.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:54 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
First hand here... dpf's are hideous on our buses. Always in the shop and they have had some serious malfunctions with those systems.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:33 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by beechkid
I agree...additionally think about it this way too.....if all your competitors are following the law and you are not, it is for one reason, make more money illegally.....that takes sales, jobs, revenue away from the others including the communities they are physically located in, who are hard working & honest........

so much for ethics with Edge.....and its not like they were not warned in advance.....and basically with their "no action" response just waved a big red flag saying come & get us if you dare........
Amen to that.

We sat quietly on the sidelines for the past 5 years, NOT offering DPF delete tunes, while our competitors made money hand over fist, doing something they were blatantly, and specifically, told NOT to do by the federal Government. IMO, this fine is way too little, way too late. We got pushed so far out of the diesel tuner market I can't even smell the smoke anymore

Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
First hand here... dpf's are hideous on our buses. Always in the shop and they have had some serious malfunctions with those systems.
This too...

The fact that you can remove the filter, and tune the vehicle, and see gains of almost 100% increase in fuel economy makes anyone with a little bit of brain say, hmmm....is the 'slightly cleaner air' worth the cost of cutting the mileage in half, thus raping natural resources at a much more alarming rate? Hmmm......

Too many policy makers pushing policies without knowing why they're doing it, who it is affecting, or what its even for

Old 01-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Yeah That^ Makes me wish I had kept my 7.3 a while longer. All the new diesels suck and soon Cummin's will be the only option in heavy trucks. As I understand it Cat told them to pound sand and is off road only now International is out of credits until it comes up with a new design so it is Volvo or Cummin's or rick shaw.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:39 PM
The EPA needs to be completely defunded.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by Alex_4.2L
The EPA needs to be completely defunded.
Yes they do, the EPA is one of the biggest waste of tax payers dollars.

Quick Reply: Owners of Edge get Busted