Owners of Edge get Busted

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 12:10 AM
Suspended
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
China and India are wrecking the air we breath now.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EPA = Necessary Evil?

I am not going to say the EPA is necessary, however they have done a few good things. The issue are those that are running the EPA and just how far out of touch they really are. I do not believe the EPA has a clearly defined role regardless of their current MO. I do think that an organization of some sort should be utilized to insure we are preserving our non renewable resources as well as insuring pollution is controlled and mitigated. The fundamental flaw as someone pointed out is that you have mis-infomred or uneducated people making decisions. The comment about the increased particulate matter and what it equivocated to as a result of edge's DPFE delete tune is simply egregious. Look at a fully loaded 777. It will burn more fuel during take off alone than most passenger vehicles will use in a year! I do not believe Edges actions harmed the environment one bit. Owners have to pay to play and the delete is not a cheap option. Most diesel owners are not going to cough up the money for the delete. Seriously, Edge was fined for selling this to 9000 diesel trucks.

There has to be at least 150,000 consumer diesel trucks in the city of Houston alone!!!!!!

As for the fines and penalties I think they are completely out of line, but a law is a law and right or wrong you gotta pay to play. The bigger picture is the same thing we hear time and time again. Who the F are we electing to run these organizations and why does it continue to happen?

Old 02-07-2013, 01:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the EPA should start fining cities that don't know how to control their traffic signals. Get a green just to go sit at a red and waste fuel and cause excess pollution. All major roads should have timed lights so we can keep rolling.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oakman if they did that the guv'ment would lose out on taxes. It's rigged I tellya !!

One of the worst sections in my area is 14km (about 8.5miles), it has 28 lights. Roughly a light per quarter mile...and rarely can you catch more than 2 greens in a row. Speed limit ranges from 50-60km/h (30-35mph). Very frustrating and I am sure that's not the worst by any stretch.

So yes I agree the EPA should start laying down fines!

Quick Reply: Owners of Edge get Busted