tuner for 2012 ecoboost

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
To the op .....wait for these guys to introduce their tuning products..... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Liver...43274389058264

Old 02-14-2012, 09:57 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by FXBlackOut
I can't believe the utter disregard for someones specialty professional knowledge you guys are showing. I do understand tune writers do have a large amount of stock in putting out a product that we will want to feel warm and fuzzy about installing and still keeping our warranty. Bully Dog was the first to market with a tune for the EB and it was utter crap. I haven't seen them on here trying to correct their junk tune reputation. If he says their tune is non detectable, why would you argue so fiercely that he is lying? Because you spent 5 minutes with the price gouging service manager at your local dealership and he said so? So rather than rushing to be the first, Diablo is taking time to do things the correct way while trying to inform us of what his tune can do. All the while BD produced crap and never once stepped up to defend their junk, yet you go this far to say Diablo is full of . I look forward to a sweet Diablo tune for my EB!
First, didn't say anything negative about the guy. Just had a discussion of what I had been told compared to what he was telling me. Secondly, you made false assumptions about my service manager. He has always given me great prices for the dealerships service, plus, he has always been totally honest. Now, having said that, I would have to agree that he is an exception, but I trust him completely. If he says Ford is aggressivly checking for PCM invasion, then I believe that is what he believes. Is it possible he has been misled as to their capability? Sure, but I am not going to chance it until my warranty is out.

I have nothing against Diablo and in fact, would love to try their product some time.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:17 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 88racing
It is detectable....cause I have access to ford's diagnostic equipment to read pcm histories.....
Are you saying you can prove a PCM was flashed with one of our products, or some other brand of tuner?

Again, you are generalizing things.

"It is detectable"...what is 'it'

Old 02-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
First, didn't say anything negative about the guy. Just had a discussion of what I had been told compared to what he was telling me. Secondly, you made false assumptions about my service manager. He has always given me great prices for the dealerships service, plus, he has always been totally honest. Now, having said that, I would have to agree that he is an exception, but I trust him completely. If he says Ford is aggressivly checking for PCM invasion, then I believe that is what he believes. Is it possible he has been misled as to their capability? Sure, but I am not going to chance it until my warranty is out.

I have nothing against Diablo and in fact, would love to try their product some time.
I never said you said anything negative about him. But the fact that you fail to acknowledge he might be correct and your service manager might be wrong is exactly what I said....disregard for his professional knowledge. I am glad you were able to find a good service manager, they are scarce now days.

With that said anything at all you do to your truck has potential to void part of the warranty. If your warranty is that valuable to any of you I suggest you error on the side of caution and not install a tune like Bluejay. If you would like to keep your warranty but are willing to take the gamble for a tune, I say go for it, you might be ok with the right company. We can discuss this all day long but there isn't going to be a determinative yes or no that any tuner is detectable or not without someone that has actually been approved or denied warranty work with a specific tuner. I really hope on the next thread I see about a tuner everyone can keep their mouths shut about the warranty and just discuss the product at hand.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by FXBlackOut
I never said you said anything negative about him. But the fact that you fail to acknowledge he might be correct and your service manager might be wrong is exactly what I said....disregard for his professional knowledge. I am glad you were able to find a good service manager, they are scarce now days.

With that said anything at all you do to your truck has potential to void part of the warranty. If your warranty is that valuable to any of you I suggest you error on the side of caution and not install a tune like Bluejay. If you would like to keep your warranty but are willing to take the gamble for a tune, I say go for it, you might be ok with the right company. We can discuss this all day long but there isn't going to be a determinative yes or no that any tuner is detectable or not without someone that has actually been approved or denied warranty work with a specific tuner. I really hope on the next thread I see about a tuner everyone can keep their mouths shut about the warranty and just discuss the product at hand.
I respectfully disagree with your desire to keep the warranty issue out of the discussion. It is a major part of any mod decision. We have had members that found out the hard way that their tranmission warranty was void due to a tuner. It is part of sharing info and that is what these discussion forums are all about. If a person decides to mod after understanding it may void the warranty, that is great, but he should do it with eyes open and full knowledge, not discover the hard way because someone failed to point out the risk.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:15 PM
I respectfully disagree with your desire to keep the warranty issue out of the discussion. It is a major part of any mod decision. We have had members that found out the hard way that their tranmission warranty was void due to a tuner. It is part of sharing info and that is what these discussion forums are all about. If a person decides to mod after understanding it may void the warranty, that is great, but he should do it with eyes open and full knowledge, not discover the hard way because someone failed to point out the risk.
You are correct. I retract my statement about people keeping their mouth shut about the warranty. I believe people should be informed that there may be warranty issues with any modification and kindly directed to one of the numerous other threads with discussions about warranties. This would help keep the threads about any mod that could impact a warranty from getting so convoluted with warranty talk no one really knows any more information about the original thread topic.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:42 PM
^^^^^^This is dead on.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Dtm030
^^^^^^This is dead on.
But impossible to achieve. It's a good wish but given all the member personalities and the freedom to express thoughts, just won't work.

I would like to add that though some of you feel threads like this get confrontational I really did not see that so much in this one. I saw people with different experience and knowledge expressing their views, which I personally learned from. We have a vendor that says his product is undetectable and that may very well be true. We have people working with tunes that say they can detect when a PCM is accessed. I stated that my service manager, a guy that mods his own truck and has been very helpful to me for years, says Ford can tell and will deny claims when they see that. Is it not possible that all these things are true? Is it not possible that a tuner has discovered a way to not leave a footprint? People, this is what learning is all about. We share info and some of it may be conflicting. I wish that there was a way for Diablo to send a tuner to someone that is in the tuning business, using other products and let them see if it is in fact not detectable. Would that not be a great piece of knowledge to gain?

Last edited by Bluejay; 02-15-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Former Sponsor
We have 1000's and thousands of tools out there, anyone is welcome to test the heck out of them with any tools they have access to

In my 6+ years here, we have never, ever, had a report from a single customer that their warranty was voided or even a warranty issue related to any of our tools, short of the cases where people roll into the dealership with the Predator sitting on their seat (or in one case, the guy plugged it in to read codes right in front of the service manager, lol).

When they say "I can prove you have a tuner', they are expecting you to say, "ok, but I didnt think it was a problem", or something like that, basically admitting it. The right answer is, "huh?".

This is also something that will vary from dealership to dealership.
We have a local Ford dealership that has our CMR software, and they use it to custom tune vehicles all the time, because it makes their customers happy. They also sell Predators to all of their Diesel customers, because they know their customers want better mileage. Obviously there are never any warranty concerns in this case. Heck, this same dealership loaned us a few 09-11 F150s and 11 Mustangs during our development process, brand new vehicles off the lot. If there was any chance that us flashing them could cause a warranty issue down the road, it would make little to no sense for that dealership to loan us the vehicles
The local Caddy dealership was ALL OVER us to get support for the 09+ CTS-V so they could offer pulley/CAI/tuner packages for brand new cars off the lot. (and that PCM actually has a flash counter in it, not that we show up on it)

I get calls daily from GM, Ford and Dodge dealerships who carry and install our products for their customers all the time, so it really depends on where you go more than anything else...

Old 02-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So Mike, do you have a tuner for the EB? I looked at your site and didn't see one. If you do what numbers are you making?

Old 02-15-2012, 02:20 PM
I am also interested in a programmer for my EB ,but it is worth the wait to get the best. IMO. How does the DiabloMike programmer compare to a custom tune for example from like 5star ? Both appear to have a great reputation

Old 02-15-2012, 02:57 PM
But impossible to achieve. It's a good wish but given all the member personalities and the freedom to express thoughts, just won't work.

I would like to add that though some of you feel threads like this get confrontational I really did not see that so much in this one. I saw people with different experience and knowledge expressing their views, which I personally learned from. We have a vendor that says his product is undetectable and that may very well be true. We have people working with tunes that say they can detect when a PCM is accessed. I stated that my service manager, a guy that mods his own truck and has been very helpful to me for years, says Ford can tell and will deny claims when they see that. Is it not possible that all these things are true? Is it not possible that a tuner has discovered a way to not leave a footprint? People, this is what learning is all about. We share info and some of it may be conflicting. I wish that there was a way for Diablo to send a tuner to someone that is in the tuning business, using other products and let them see if it is in fact not detectable. Would that not be a great piece of knowledge to gain?
Just another thread that the OP was asking about a tuner for his truck. Not for someone's opinion about whether or not it would void his warranty so why should everyone bash him over the head with it? I just don't see why people can't shut up about this and move on with the topic. The warranty mongers will never let it down that "it's traceable" with only hersey as their proof. I guess there will always be those who are too afraid to tune their trucks for this reason and that's okay, just don't try to scare others out of it for your own reasons. Let people enjoy their trucks with their "traceable" tuners. I would like to see a tuner come from Mike @ Diablo. Sounds like a good person to work with.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Dtm030
Just another thread that the OP was asking about a tuner for his truck. Not for someone's opinion about whether or not it would void his warranty so why should everyone bash him over the head with it? I just don't see why people can't shut up about this and move on with the topic. The warranty mongers will never let it down that "it's traceable" with only hersey as their proof. I guess there will always be those who are too afraid to tune their trucks for this reason and that's okay, just don't try to scare others out of it for your own reasons. Let people enjoy their trucks with their "traceable" tuners. I would like to see a tuner come from Mike @ Diablo. Sounds like a good person to work with.
You don't seem to be taking into account that many people other than the OP read the thread. Many are entirely new to the subject and I for one think the mention of downsides need to be expressed so that there are as few surprises as possible. I just don't see why that is a problem. Anyone willing to take the risk certainly will do so but at least they made an educated decision and not a blind one.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:28 PM
You don't seem to be taking into account that many people other than the OP read the thread. Many are entirely new to the subject and I for one think the mention of downsides need to be expressed so that there are as few surprises as possible. I just don't see why that is a problem. Anyone willing to take the risk certainly will do so but at least they made an educated decision and not a blind one.
That's why in my previous rebuttal I said we could kindly notify them of the possible hazards and direct them to the search function.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Wookie
So Mike, do you have a tuner for the EB? I looked at your site and didn't see one. If you do what numbers are you making?
Not yet, but we're working on it.
It will be supported in both our Trinity and inTune tools in the near future.

Originally Posted by TOOLOUD
I am also interested in a programmer for my EB ,but it is worth the wait to get the best. IMO. How does the DiabloMike programmer compare to a custom tune for example from like 5star ? Both appear to have a great reputation
Our tunes are thoroughly developed to be as safe as possible while offering solid gains. On the ecoboost, how much power you can make is not the question, but rather how much power can be made safely, with no detrimental effects on the transmission and rest of the driveline. I'm confident the engine will make more power than we'll feel comfortable putting out there, but thats what custom tuning is for. All applications supported by our tools can be custom tuned by any of our CMR tuners, in addition to the adjustable parameters we offer like idle speed, rev and speed limits, tire size, etc.

Thanks

Quick Reply: tuner for 2012 ecoboost