props to PHP and some ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
props to PHP and some ??

Well, since gas has been coming down I thought it may be fun to load my 93 octane custome tune on my Gryphon on my 2002 F150. Well, on Friday after lunch I went to my truck and started to switch it over. I always turn everything off, radio, a/c, circ fan,etc...it programmed like normal, I went to switch off the ignition and turn the key back and glitch!! No start, error! This happened last time I tried to switch it over. So, I go into my office, post on the PHP emergency forum and Bill called me within 10 minutes. It took several attempts with unlocking and eventually Bill restoring my Gryphon back to orginal before I could get the truck back to stock and got it started. Bill is having me sent back to him so he can check it out and see if its a dreaded cable problem or a problem with the programmer itself. Overall, I have very pleased with PHP in their responsiveness and technical support. Now, has anyone here made the switch from an old school monochromatic Gryphon to the newer style Edge CS or Cts? I don't know what may happen with my situation, just trying to get an idea what my options may be. All I can say is, the truck is a slug with no tune! If I have to get a Cs or CTS will my custom tunes translate to the new programmer? I am probably putting the cart before the horse. Thanks!

Old 10-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
I can tell you you will not need new tunes with a CS or CTS. The ones Bill wrote for you before are what you get for the new box. Bill MAY have to "recompile" them, but they won't be changed from your perspective.

- Jack

Old 10-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks JackandJanet...that is good to know..depending on where this goes..I just like to have info up front so I know my options..and I know driving it stock is not an option! Lol...

Quick Reply: props to PHP and some ??