PowerHungry Still in BUsiness?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PowerHungry Still in BUsiness?

Hey guys, anyone still know if PowerHungry is in business.

I have their custom edge tuner that I bought a few years ago with tunes and need new ones, sent them an email earlier this week and haven't heard back so I'm not sure.

Does anyone else make tunes for this custom edge tuner? I need 'em by Saturday for my bigger tires/underdrive pulleys.

Thanks.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:42 AM
glc
Received 769 Likes on 710 Posts
They are still in business, but you aren't going to get new tunes THAT quickly. Nobody else is allowed to write custom tunes for an Edge product.

Post here:

http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/

Old 09-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Yes they are still in business but they probably wont have it done that soon.

Bigger tires do not require a new tune. Neither do UD pulleys. If those are the only changes then I would just reprogram with the new tire size.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Did ya try and call them? Might be your next step.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
What Longshot said was totally on target. New tunes would be a waste of money with those mods. PHP would advise you not to bother. They'll never sell a tune to someone who doesn't need it.

- Jack

Old 09-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by edgespeeder06
Hey guys, anyone still know if PowerHungry is in business.

I have their custom edge tuner that I bought a few years ago with tunes and need new ones, sent them an email earlier this week and haven't heard back so I'm not sure.

Does anyone else make tunes for this custom edge tuner? I need 'em by Saturday for my bigger tires/underdrive pulleys.

Thanks.

You wont need them....

Old 09-02-2011, 06:25 PM
oh ok that works then.

I know I can change the tire size, was trying to get more out of the underdrive pulleys.

Any other reliable truck tuners? Just out of curiosity? Trying to way my options. They really are the only ones that can write tunes for the Edge tuners?

Old 09-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Suspended
even if another tuner with a different programmer can help you, you don't have the programmer already so unless you got it locally you won't have it by saturday.

tuners can get it to you quickly, i had the number 1 tuner tune my superduty. i ordered the tune at noon had it at 7 pm that night.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Looking for custom tunes

Are they still in business? I've wondered the same thing. I bought their programmer and have posted my code on the web site like they ask about a month ago. I e-mailed Cody two weeks ago and have not had a reply. I bought this thing based on the reviews that I read here and on other sites. I have paid for a custom tune and a month later still don't have it. And no answers to my questions. They are hard to phone also. Call and get the answering machine, but can't leave a message. I am calling long distance from Canada and repeated calls to an answering machine gets costly, and as I said, can't leave a message.
At this point, this customer is not impressed.

Last edited by AnvilWhacker; 09-02-2011 at 10:24 PM. Reason: double post
Old 09-03-2011, 10:06 PM
1+ took them a while for me too but they did do good tunes. I have yet to hear from them, I assume they are super busy since it seems they are the only edge tuner out there unlike the Mustang tuners where you have a selection to try. So idk. I guess i'll wait on email if not call them.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:22 AM
OK. I'll be more patient.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you are focused on edge, then disregard this, but Mike at 5star tuning had my SCT tuner with custom tunes in the mail within 48 hours of placing my order. I can't offer the differences in them, but I'm sure Jack, or 88 can fill the void on the limitations of each.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
If you are focused on edge, then disregard this, but Mike at 5star tuning had my SCT tuner with custom tunes in the mail within 48 hours of placing my order. I can't offer the differences in them, but I'm sure Jack, or 88 can fill the void on the limitations of each.
Actually, I'm not sure either of us CAN. We can certainly talk about the differences in the hardware, by comparing our programmers with the user manual for SCT products, but since neither of us has an SCT device, that's about as far as it goes. I know this is true of me and I believe the same is true of 88.

All I can really say is there are lots of folks here who are perfectly happy with SCTs tuned by Troyer, VMP and 5-Star and just as many who are happy with the tuning from PHP. As I said in "Questions About Tunes", "Which is the best? The one YOU buy."

- Jack

Old 09-05-2011, 11:38 AM
glc
Received 769 Likes on 710 Posts
Jack, can you help these 2 folks with getting a response from PHP?

Old 09-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Thanks Jack, I have SCT Tuner in my Mustang I love it, just love the option of having the dashpod with the Edge.

I do like the new F-Series Edge Clusters that are completely color/digital but from what I've seen they aren't available for my year truck.

Quick Reply: PowerHungry Still in BUsiness?