Throttle response?(edge evo)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throttle response?(edge evo)

hey guys .Tried searching throttle response ,didnt quite get the anwser i was looking for .

I AM NEW TO THIS SITE AS WELL AS THE EDGE EVO .

does anyone know if the evo is capable of making the gas pedal a bit more sensitive( responsive)?

ALSO i have switched from 87 octane to 91 and am using program 3 (performance mode) do i need to adjust the spark advance or is it already compensated for when i switch to performance mode?

thanks guys

Old 08-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by imurhero11
hey guys .Tried searching throttle response ,didnt quite get the anwser i was looking for .

I AM NEW TO THIS SITE AS WELL AS THE EDGE EVO .

does anyone know if the evo is capable of making the gas pedal a bit more sensitive( responsive)?

ALSO i have switched from 87 octane to 91 and am using program 3 (performance mode) do i need to adjust the spark advance or is it already compensated for when i switch to performance mode?

thanks guys
The throttle should be a lot more responsive. Not sure what you are saying about 87 and 91, but Level 3 should be run on at least 91. If you run 93, you bump the timing +1. Never run level 3 on 87.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should have noticed a big increase in throttle response. I run my edge evo in level 2 and I'll never go back to stock.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
I think it's possible your question about throttle response was misunderstood. I think you want the truck to feel a bit "jumpy" when you apply a little throttle? That CAN be made to happen, but you may not feel what you are looking for in the canned tunes. But, because the throttle is electronically controlled, by the PCM in response to the accelerator pedal position, a custom tune can increase the sensitivity to small movement. Of course, pedal full down is still just WOT, so you don't really have more power with this. It just seems like you do because you get more reaction out of the first bit of pedal movement.

Now, the timing: The Level 3 tune has the timing increased to account for using high octane gas. I just learned that it seems the CS/CTS platforms don't allow you to adjust timing yourself like the old monochrome Evolution did, so, if that's true, you're stuck with what Edge has set the timing at for each level. If you CAN adjust it, it will be shown as zero (0) when it's at the position set by the tune. Don't try to use the Level 3 tune with 87 octane though. The timing would be advanced too much and the fueling in open loop would not be right.

- Jack

Last edited by JackandJanet; 08-18-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Throttle response?(edge evo)