got my gryphon. couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Na I was at a car meet a few months ago and had the subs/stereo going for a little over an hour and then lit up a line or cars for a picture and after a few minutes I noticed the lights started to get dim. Then my truck couldn't start. I've still got the original battery that also needs to be replaced soon so I dont take chances when I'm out where the average car can't give me a jump.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:29 PM
oh okay. so if i need to jump a car or remove the tuner for any reason then unplug it from the obd2 port with the key off and then i can start and run the truck? and then plug it back in with the key off?

Old 05-25-2011, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by fivespeedsteed
oh okay. so if i need to jump a car or remove the tuner for any reason then unplug it from the obd2 port with the key off and then i can start and run the truck? and then plug it back in with the key off?
The programmer can be unplugged at any time. Unless it is actively programming the PCM it is a passive viewer. Usually when you are dealing with starting another vehicle it is best to have it unplugged so that an electrical surge does not fry something.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:36 AM
i knew that, thats why i was asking i was just making sure of when i was safe to plug it in or back in. thank you for your help longshot.

btw, id be interested in watching your build of your separate battery / stereo build if you document it

Old 05-26-2011, 11:59 AM
i knew that, thats why i was asking i was just making sure of when i was safe to plug it in or back in. thank you for your help longshot.

btw, id be interested in watching your build of your separate battery / stereo build if you document it
Yeah, no problem

Old 05-26-2011, 03:02 PM
what are you guys changing when you alter the tunes in there? just shift points and firmness a little bit? where are all the settings for tire size and gears and all that?

Old 05-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
what are you guys changing when you alter the tunes in there? just shift points and firmness a little bit? where are all the settings for tire size and gears and all that?
After custom options is selected while your in power programming mode....

Old 05-26-2011, 07:04 PM
i know but i mean what are you all messing with, shift points, harshness, or what/

Old 05-26-2011, 07:10 PM

i know but i mean what are you all messing with, shift points, harshness, or what/
l left my truck in Bill's hands at php....his tunes are great and you don't mess with anything.....its the advantage to having custom tunes rather than canned ones...

These trucks differ a lot so one person's preference might not work or feel right to another truck and its driver....

Old 05-27-2011, 12:59 AM
thats what i figured. ill just be getting custom tunes in the future then.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:32 AM
Yeah, you shouldn't have to make any changes with custom tunes. The more specific you are on the comments section of the order form the more satisfying your tune will be.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:11 AM
so whats the best way to gain power when doing the custom tunes, just ask for a 87 octane perf. tune? or should i get a cai and a catback first?

Old 05-27-2011, 10:23 AM
so whats the best way to gain power when doing the custom tunes, just ask for a 87 octane perf. tune? or should i get a cai and a catback first?
You can also ask for a 93 performance tune.

Now with a CAI, they aren't actual "cold air intakes" since they have open filters next to the engine. Look into the gotts mod that replaces the intake snorkel with 3" pipe. A catback really only helps sound.

Find some good quality gas and it will run better. On my truck I can tell the difference between brands of gas in both mileage and performance. Also have everything clean and well maintained.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by longshot270
you can also ask for a 93 performance tune.

Now with a cai, they aren't actual "cold air intakes" since they have open filters next to the engine. Look into the gotts mod that replaces the intake snorkel with 3" pipe. A catback really only helps sound.

Find some good quality gas and it will run better. On my truck i can tell the difference between brands of gas in both mileage and performance. Also have everything clean and well maintained.
x2!

Old 05-27-2011, 05:29 PM
ive got the dvw mod done and a universal maggie welded in. so for more power im looking for troyer efans and ud pullies or just leave it alone?

Quick Reply: got my gryphon. couple questions