SCT X3 will not datalog on livewire??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SCT X3 will not datalog on livewire??

So I am having trouble getting my new x3 to datalog in real time with livewire. I have updated my x3 and livewire both to the most current versions. When I plug my x3 into my laptop and open livewire, the x3 will connect to it and the livewire will check the PID's and find them all. But when I start datalogging it won't show up on livewire, everything just reads 0.0000 etc.. even though the information IS being logged on the x3.. any ideas?

Old 03-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Do you have the latest usb drivers installed?
What Windows version do you have?

Old 03-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Yes I have installed all the new drivers- using windows XP

Old 03-21-2011, 07:48 PM
I am downloading livelink 6.3 again to see if it works... we'll see what happens

Old 03-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Well that didn't work. I can't figure it out... when I connect the x3 to my laptop the sreen says livelink activated, scp activated or whatever.. Then livelink checks the PIDs and shows them all, so I know it is connecting with the x3, but when it shows the graph and gauges everything reads 0.0000...... do i need to enter a code or equation or anything?? When I asked Justin @ VMP he said I didn't need to because the new livelink does it for you.. ? I am stumped.. everything is up to date, firmware, drivers, software etc...

Old 03-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Ok,so i got it working- I had the wrong module enabled. I had it on ecm #1.. buut I still have some wierd things going on. When I am datalogging with livewire all my gauges go crazy. The tach and speedo go all over and my cel and oil light turn on and off.. Is that normal? Once I stop the datalog is goes back to normal..

Old 03-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try logging fewer parameters.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by JR at SCT
Try logging fewer parameters.
Thanks I will give that a try next time..

Old 03-24-2011, 07:29 PM
JR- thanks for the advice. I think I talked to you today on the phone as well. So I tried logging 11 parameters and it still wouldn't log all- only six. This is why I don't get it- I can datalog with just my X3 and log all 23 allowable parameters and it works fine. But when I try to log with livelink only five or six.. ? The problem is that the limited parameters available with only the X3 are not all the ones I need. Why can my PCM keep up with the X3 with 20+ parameters but when I use livelink only 5 or 6??

Old 03-26-2011, 01:42 AM
UPDATE- So today I was at my wits end so I decided to uninstall livelink-again. Then I returned my truck to stock and re-updated my X3 even though it was up to date. So something worked because I logged nearly all the parameters I needed! The only ones that would not work were iac trim 0 and iac trim 2. I even tried logging them solo without any other items being logged- still didn't work so I sent off what I had to Justin and we'll see what he says..

Old 03-26-2011, 07:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SupercrewLightn
UPDATE- So today I was at my wits end so I decided to uninstall livelink-again. Then I returned my truck to stock and re-updated my X3 even though it was up to date. So something worked because I logged nearly all the parameters I needed! The only ones that would not work were iac trim 0 and iac trim 2. I even tried logging them solo without any other items being logged- still didn't work so I sent off what I had to Justin and we'll see what he says..
Not all of the pids in the list are intended for your pcm. Try logging idle air integrator and idle speed valve dc, both should work for you.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did it clear up the issues with the gauges too? Like ONELOWF indicated, neither of those IAC trim parameters are in my PCM either.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:50 PM
How do I log iac dc? I don't know what you mean.. the gauges still act weird, but as long as its logging it doesn't bother me. I can monitor rpm with livelink since my tach doesn't work while logging..

Old 03-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Ok sorry, I misread that post about dc etc... yes I logged integrator and valve duty and they worked fine. I'm not quite sure why justin would ask for iac if it can't log anyway..

Quick Reply: SCT X3 will not datalog on livewire??