The SCT TouchScreen Xtreme - TSX 8900

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The SCT TouchScreen Xtreme - TSX 8900

Does anyone have that? I've been doing some research on programmers and was leaning towards the cts gryphon, I came across the SCT Extreme 8900 and it seems to offer a lot, but I can't find anyone that has one. I searched on ebay and morepowertuning.com is selling it for $859 along with 3 free custom tunes. After doing a little more research with them, it takes 6 months for them to custom tune your vehicle, they require you to keep data logs of your truck then you have to send the data logs to them so they can tune your truck to your specifications. It should be easy since the unit is the only bluetooth tuner out there. Is there lag time with the bluetooth?

So my question is does anyone have any experience with the the SCT 8900?

Thanks

Old 03-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by drewsbu
Does anyone have that? I've been doing some research on programmers and was leaning towards the cts gryphon, I came across the SCT Extreme 8900 and it seems to offer a lot, but I can't find anyone that has one. I searched on ebay and morepowertuning.com is selling it for $859 along with 3 free custom tunes. After doing a little more research with them, it takes 6 months for them to custom tune your vehicle, they require you to keep data logs of your truck then you have to send the data logs to them so they can tune your truck to your specifications. It should be easy since the unit is the only bluetooth tuner out there. Is there lag time with the bluetooth?

So my question is does anyone have any experience with the the SCT 8900?

Thanks
^^ Soon to be not the only one.

Don't know why folks are getting stirred up about BT. What's wrong with running a cable to yer OBDII port?

Complexity for complexity's sake?

As always - it ain't about the delivery vehicle - it's about the QUALITY of the tuning.

X3 and /or Livewire will do just about everything needed. For far less cost.

This includes full & comprehensive datalogging.

MGD

Old 03-01-2011, 10:06 AM
I like the touch screen monitoring, so cost is not a factor for me. What other tuner is planning on going bluetooth? What programmer do you use?

Last edited by drewsbu; 03-01-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by drewsbu
I like the touch screen monitoring, so cost is not a factor for me. What other tuner is planning on going bluetooth?
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ch...rogrammer.html

If you can live with a cable, a Gryphonized CTS is less expensive - and you are ensured to get top-notch custom calibrations. datalogging is not as compreheinsive, though - if you are in need of such.

BTW - touchscreen = fingerprints

MGD

Old 03-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ch...rogrammer.html

If you can live with a cable, a Gryphonized CTS is less expensive - and you are ensured to get top-notch custom calibrations. datalogging is not as compreheinsive, though - if you are in need of such.

BTW - touchscreen = fingerprints

MGD
You sold me MGD, Custom tuned gryphon CTS it is. Wires don't bother me, I will be getting the pod dash. The superchip tuner in that link seems like overkill for what is actually needed. Looks like a cell phone too. Thanks for your time.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:42 AM
I would be worried about a BT connection. I know my BT attracts interference from other electrical devices. If I occasionally have trouble with a phone call imagine what could happen while you are programming your truck's computer.

Quick Reply: The SCT TouchScreen Xtreme - TSX 8900