2007 4.6L f150 with Gotts/DWV mod?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 4.6L f150 with Gotts/DWV mod?

im running the k&n filter in the factory box without the mod now and im not getting the po61b code anymore. Now has anyone ever tryed running the Gotts mod with a k&n filter and the edge evolution to see if the infumus PO61B code pulls up?

Old 01-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisj_1986
im running the k&n filter in the factory box without the mod now and im not getting the po61b code anymore. Now has anyone ever tryed running the Gotts mod with a k&n filter and the edge evolution to see if the infumus PO61B code pulls up?
I THINK Bluejay uses a K&N dropin filter with the Gotts Mod. I know he uses and likes the oiled filter (but I'm not sure of the brand) and has had no troubles - period.

The aftermarket CAI's seem to be problematic. Some people use them without a bit of difficulty (I think Rockpick installed an AF1 in his truck if my memory has not gone totally south) and he liked it. Other people report nothing but trouble.

One of the BIG complaints is a "drone" sound some of them have. Again, some people hate this noise (I would) and others like it.

Lately, it seems to me that the CAIs are causing codes. Why? Who the heck knows? *shrug*

- Jack

Old 01-20-2011, 02:27 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
with your 2 valve, the gotts intake mod and a canned tune won't cause it to run lean UNLESS you have another issue

Old 01-20-2011, 06:56 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by tarajerame
with your 2 valve, the gotts intake mod and a canned tune won't cause it to run lean UNLESS you have another issue
TJ - remember that the later MY's of 4.6's switched over to slot-style MAF's (can't remember if it was 2007 or 2008, dang).

So - the same problems could potentially exist.

***EDIT*** - let me clarify - TJ & Longshot are correct - my statement above was intended for the OP's previous use of a CAI now just a drop-in) my bad, lol - I confuded!

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 01-20-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:10 AM
I have an '08 4.6L and have been running a K&N drop in filter (when it is not dusty) with the gotts mod for a while. I have never had any codes come from it. I dont think the gotts mod alone could cause the truck to run lean because it does not influence the housing around the MAF sensor. The readings from the sensor will still be accurate unless there are other issues like a dirty sensor.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Longshot270
I have an '08 4.6L and have been running a K&N drop in filter (when it is not dusty) with the gotts mod for a while. I have never had any codes come from it. I dont think the gotts mod alone could cause the truck to run lean because it does not influence the housing around the MAF sensor. The readings from the sensor will still be accurate unless there are other issues like a dirty sensor.
awsome i guess ill give it a try when i had the whole cone exposed the exhaust sounded a hell of alot meaner and i liked it the take off was a little better but like i said it kept shutting down right after lol i put the stock in and im running great with the tune installed i was just hoping that gotts mod would increase the performance just a little bit more =) lol

Old 01-20-2011, 03:57 PM
as another note 4.6l get **** for gas milage so anybody thinking of buying one opt for the 5.4 =) 14.5 mpg hwy

Old 01-20-2011, 03:59 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
might be operator error

Old 01-20-2011, 04:30 PM
is it nessasary to disconect the negative on the battery when doing this mod and if so do i need to set my evolution back to stock mode before doing the mod?

Old 01-20-2011, 04:37 PM
It probably isn't necessary to disconnect the battery but I would do it anyway. You should put the evo back to stock so your truck can start fresh and go through its adaptive learning.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:56 PM
how long and what do i need to do to let it relearn?

Old 01-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Our trucks' pcms have adaptive learning that makes adjustments and adapts to the way we drive. To explain it, if you load one of the tunes from your evo and drive your truck hard, the pcm learns and makes adjustments since it believes that is your driving style. Now if you load the tune and drive like a grandpa, it will seem like your truck takes a lot more to get up and go since your pcm is "used to" that driving style. You don't have to do anything for this to happen but to be safe I would set your evo back to stock though so you truck can learn with the new Gotts mod before you load a tune.

BTW, the codes p061f and p061b had pissed me off a lot about a year ago because of me running my evo and a CAI. Everything is all good now though since I have a Gryphon, an upgraded evo, with custom tunes.
2 threads for your reading
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/upgra...n-problem.html
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/close...061b-code.html

Old 01-20-2011, 06:15 PM
The only benefit of having an exposed filter is you dont have leaves. Not sure if anyone else gets leaves but I easily dump out a square foot of leaves every few months. The bad part about the open filter is that your IAT is going to be about 10 degrees warmer, not the best for power unless you cruise around at 70 mph most of the time.

From my understanding the aftermarket tuning takes out the adaptive learning. That is why you dont get a P1000 code after programming but do get it after returning to stock. Disconnecting the battery clears all memory of driving habits so the truck runs a bit more aggressively.

as another note 4.6l get **** for gas milage so anybody thinking of buying one opt for the 5.4 =) 14.5 mpg hwy
Mine gets 13-14 around town, 13-16 city and 18-22 highway (I've calculated 23 once and the math was correct).
But I do remember it wouldn't get too good of mileage stock new.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:31 PM
wow i made the mod in about 20 minutes fyi i used an angle grinder 4in wheel to grind the edges down the coupling i used covers all the exposed pvc from the wall to the filter ive already seen a little better take off not much i might add but the biggest difference is ive gained between .5 to 1 mpg pending on the hwy im driving (i live in tx we have hilly roads in metroplex) i have not had the code pop up yet and ive ran it around for a little while so we will see (keeping fingers crossed) as for the mod id say its a must have for the 4.6l f150 speacialy if your like me pushing 24s around

Old 01-20-2011, 06:45 PM
24s? Dang that is a bunch of rubber to be rolling around!

Where in Tx? Just curious if your near by.

Quick Reply: 2007 4.6L f150 with Gotts/DWV mod?