Really?? Reflashed PCM.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really?? Reflashed PCM.

Well of course, in true Ford style they have reflashed my PCM to some other HEX code. I put in the form to get my tunes redone.

Just wondering what the turnaround time on that is? I hope to god its not the same terrible wait time as it is to get them in the first place.

This truck blows goats on the stock tune. Gutless with a sloppy transmission. Kind of takes the joy right out of driving.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Another note, is it possible to re-download canned tunes and run them in the meantime?

Old 11-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Altatruck
Another note, is it possible to re-download canned tunes and run them in the meantime?
Hey bud.

I believe so - you'd be returning yer unit to it's original factory 'canned' condition.

Sorry to hear they did that.

How's the truck running otherwise?

At least yer coming out of the deep-freeze - it's heading this way, eh!

MGD

Old 11-26-2010, 07:57 PM
How's the truck running otherwise?
Running way smoother for sure. Should be all fixed up.

At least yer coming out of the deep-freeze - it's heading this way, eh!
I'm sorry to hear that. Life sucks in a deep freeze.

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to try loading up the canned tunes however you do that. I just can't do the stock thing, been jaded by the custom tunes.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
The canned tunes will work if they recognize the new HEX code.

Old 11-27-2010, 04:30 AM
The canned tunes will work if they recognize the new HEX code.
The canned tunes typically work for all hex codes I thought. That is why you can order the tuner not knowing the hex code, right? Or are you implying that it could be a new hex code ford has come out with which won't be compatible with the canned tunes because it wasn't in existence at the time the canned tunes were developed?

Old 11-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The canned tunes typically work for all hex codes I thought. That is why you can order the tuner not knowing the hex code, right? Or are you implying that it could be a new hex code ford has come out with which won't be compatible with the canned tunes because it wasn't in existence at the time the canned tunes were developed?
Yep.

For how ( from Bill on PHP's forum):

"All you need to do is connect to Pegasus, go to [Updates], and select [Gryphon Update Manager]. On the update screen, select the latest firmware and calibration versions and then click the [Update All] button. This will load the latest canned version of the firmware and calibrations. Of course, make sure that the programmer is returned to stock or the unit will not update."

As long as those latest canned versions have been regularly updated - you should be good to go.

You'll know right away.

BTW - you never posted what the fix was. Share!

MGD

Old 11-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Yes, that is what I am saying. If the canned tune has been updated to include the latest HEX, you will be good to go. If the HEX is not incliuded in the list in the tuner, you won't.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
And, before you revert to canned tunes, you ARE sure they reflashed your PCM, right? You DO have a new "hex" code now?

MDG gave you the correct procedure for the monochrome Gryphon. (Maybe I should take a vacation and let him handle things.) But, if you have the CS or CTS units, you connect the programmer to the PC with Fusion running, and it will automatically convert the custom tunes to canned tunes without you having to do anything other than sit there and "watch".

- Jack

Quick Reply: Really?? Reflashed PCM.