A SEMA exclusive Sneak Peak at Superchips new in cabin programmer

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, every feature that our current product line offers including datalogging will be integrated into the new product. Additionally, we will also have many more options we couldn't offer in the current flash programmers to make this produce even more impressive.

Scott

Originally Posted by Longshot270
I think I've heard something this before.

Does it have the ability for datalogging? Didn't see it on the list but it says "countless uses."

Considering what the options are I dont think price will have a huge influence on sales besides limiting anyone who is financially limited. Sounds like your more of trying to start out in the market nitche between stuff like the Innovative Motorsport's OT-2 vehicle interface and the programmers. As you can see, not everyone with a programmer needs or wants the extra features.

The problem I see is how it can do all these things like be a GPS, gaming and video system, but is it another fragile piece of electronics? Have you ever seen two kids try to watch a movie or play a game on a small handheld? Or if you have someone on a hiking trip using it as a handheld GPS. People see these features and will make use of it if they can. It doesn't look built enough to handle the environment making it a liability, in my eyes, on the tuning side. If it gets fried or broken what happens with your stock tune? Can that be saved to an internal chip that can still be recovered if the rest of the device doesn't work?
I know my programmer would not have this same issue because it is a programmer and guage set and has very little use besides that, so it never sees anything outside the truck. It is also always a part of the truck being plugged in and mounted all the time. I dont have to worry about a kid throwing it in a back seat brawl or dropping it on a rock, not that it doesn't see those kinds of conditions but because it physically can't and retain any functionality. I just see all my friends going through Ipod touches and Iphones left and right because the device itself is comparatively fragile. I dont expect it to be like my first MP3 player which I had run over countless times and hit with baseball bats and it still works perfectly.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Superchips
Sorry, I wasn't trying to dodge the question. The product will work the same way our current flash products do. It has software that captures the stock file and saves the data to the product memory. Then you select files available from the programmer and program the vehicle with the selections.

In the even t you want to return to stock you just retune to stock and the performance tuning is removed and stock is applied back with out any residual files lingering that the dealer can see to give you problems with.

Scott
Thanx....

Old 11-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Former Sponsor
No problem my friend!

Scott

Originally Posted by 88racing
Thanx....

Old 11-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Former Sponsor
Sorry for the late post on your question. I just got the reply back from the engineer who owns the bike. They are RSD Vintage Bars.

Scott

Originally Posted by GATOR CREW
Nice bike!!!

Are those Roland Sands Design ape hangers?

Old 11-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Former Sponsor
Just so everyone knows, the Vivid and the Harley product will be two separate products in different formats.

The HD product will not be a Droid based product like the Vivid. It will be based on a PC application.

Scott

Old 11-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Former Sponsor
Here is a beta shot of the VIVID tuning device with the new main screen menu shown. With it being a beta rendering more than likely it will be somewhat different from the main launch menu.

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a...ithIcons_2.jpg

The Archos unit employs an HD video camera and plays back HD video on the 720p screen and as you can see from the icons has WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. The WiFi is 802.11 b/g/n.

For those interested in GPS apps, the device will work with many of the GPS antennas commonly found on sites such as Amazon.com. Most GPS app providers such as Google and Navigon offer just a one time fee to get the app installed to your device. Quite a few of the antennas on Amazon.com run at a 10 Hz refresh rate which is much better than many of the smart phones on the market which run at a refresh rate of 1 Hz.

More info to come as I get it.

Scott

Old 11-15-2010, 08:41 AM
JMC

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Just my opinion but it looks like you are trying to serve too many needs with one unit.
Can it replace a Boost Gage? Oil Pressure? When I look at my gages they are not shared with the others on a 4 inch screen. Inclinometer? WTF. Who here is actually going to need one?
GPS? There are a lot of sophisticated unites out there that do everything but drive the truck for you. So now I am paying you to build me a GPS. Stick to tuning. That is what I want. I like your comment about use only the functions that you want. Will you offer a discount if I promise to use only the tuning section?

Old 11-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Former Sponsor
What you are paying for is the tuning and an in cabin display. What you add to the product afterwards is your preference. The whole idea behind this product is to allow you the ability to control what you add to the unit.

Nobody is saying you have to add GPS or other options. You decide what you want rather than what an engineer or manufacturer thinks you want.

The Inclinometer covers those who do alot of off road activities where that plays a key to going straight or rolling over. You don't have to use it if you don't want to but in the event you need it or a truck you are riding in does then you have it available.

I don't currently have all of the options available to me like what gauges, etc it will work with or offer but I will post updates as I get them.

I understand what you are saying. Not everyone is going to need this type of product. For that reason we will continue to offering our existing line of performance programmers for that purpose.

Scott

Originally Posted by JMC
Just my opinion but it looks like you are trying to serve too many needs with one unit.
Can it replace a Boost Gage? Oil Pressure? When I look at my gages they are not shared with the others on a 4 inch screen. Inclinometer? WTF. Who here is actually going to need one?
GPS? There are a lot of sophisticated unites out there that do everything but drive the truck for you. So now I am paying you to build me a GPS. Stick to tuning. That is what I want. I like your comment about use only the functions that you want. Will you offer a discount if I promise to use only the tuning section?

Old 11-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by Superchips
Don't be so sure my friend. This product will offer 2 stages. Bolt on tuning and then complete custom tuning.

We have several bikes in here being tuned right now with all sorts of trick mods. Big Bore kits, polished heads, cams, etc... No problem. Our lead engineer just put a Procharger kit on his bike. It's pretty sick!

Here is a COUPLE pic's of it at Biketoberfest:

[Stop by the booth at Bikeweek if you are coming down. The product will available and we are even working on installations on the spot.

Scott

About the only way an HD can break 100 hp.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:35 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Pig9r

^ Yep. Or ask Porsche to build them the motor ....

MGD

[/Threadcrap]

Old 11-16-2010, 10:41 AM
JMC

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
What would be nice is if you were able to build something like a flip chip. Press button 1 for tune #1, button 2 for tune #2.........

Old 11-16-2010, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Pig9r
Nope not the only way......you just gotta open yer wallet fer a big bore and cams along with a good programmer.......and a few dyno runs to tweek it.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:02 AM
Nope not the only way......you just gotta open yer wallet fer a big bore and cams along with a good programmer.......and a few dyno runs to tweek it.
My HD eater, intake, exhaust, good tune.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:00 AM

Nice.......

Old 11-17-2010, 07:21 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice.......
X2! - that'll eat just about anything.

And I thought my 100/100 was strong

MGD

Quick Reply: A SEMA exclusive Sneak Peak at Superchips new in cabin programmer