A SEMA exclusive Sneak Peak at Superchips new in cabin programmer

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our software will replace that device all together. We tune your factory PCM and allow you to be able to return to stock at any time to retain your OEM warranty if applicable.

Scott

Originally Posted by 88racing
Nice pix of the ladies.........

Will your product be compatible with the Zippers Thundermax w/AT tuner?

Dyno charts of bikes with the procharger are quite interesting to view......can you post one up by chance?

Old 11-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Superchips
Trans tuning for the F-series gas apps is on the board to look deeper into but I can't guarantee it will be ready by the time the product is out. That being said if the feature becomes reality it will be a download to the existing product similar to how our existing products work.
I think I've heard something this before.
Basically the design moves us into today's technology where devices get smaller, smarter, and have loads of options.

The device is basically built to allow you the ability to customize it to your liking rather than you having to buy what a manufacture thinks you want.

You can make it as an extreme app machine or a simple programmer that has additional options to add a GPS and phone app for your travelling needs.

Scott
Does it have the ability for datalogging? Didn't see it on the list but it says "countless uses."

Considering what the options are I dont think price will have a huge influence on sales besides limiting anyone who is financially limited. Sounds like your more of trying to start out in the market nitche between stuff like the Innovative Motorsport's OT-2 vehicle interface and the programmers. As you can see, not everyone with a programmer needs or wants the extra features.

The problem I see is how it can do all these things like be a GPS, gaming and video system, but is it another fragile piece of electronics? Have you ever seen two kids try to watch a movie or play a game on a small handheld? Or if you have someone on a hiking trip using it as a handheld GPS. People see these features and will make use of it if they can. It doesn't look built enough to handle the environment making it a liability, in my eyes, on the tuning side. If it gets fried or broken what happens with your stock tune? Can that be saved to an internal chip that can still be recovered if the rest of the device doesn't work?
I know my programmer would not have this same issue because it is a programmer and guage set and has very little use besides that, so it never sees anything outside the truck. It is also always a part of the truck being plugged in and mounted all the time. I dont have to worry about a kid throwing it in a back seat brawl or dropping it on a rock, not that it doesn't see those kinds of conditions but because it physically can't and retain any functionality. I just see all my friends going through Ipod touches and Iphones left and right because the device itself is comparatively fragile. I dont expect it to be like my first MP3 player which I had run over countless times and hit with baseball bats and it still works perfectly.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:31 AM
2009 F150online Truck of the Year

Nice bike!!!

Are those Roland Sands Design ape hangers?

Old 11-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
The Superchips app will capture the stock settings like our curent product line and then it will send the emissions legal or racing tunes to the vehicle through the dongle.

The dongle will not need to be kept atached to the data port once tuning has finished unless you are planning to use another app requiring it to stay put.

Scott
You've dodged a direct question with an indirect answer...
Where will the stock calibration file be stored?

In the Android device or the Bluetooth dongle???

Old 11-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm guessing (based upon the SCT design and what I know of dongles), that, it'll be on the device running the app.

MGD

Old 11-04-2010, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by MGDfan
I'm guessing (based upon the SCT design and what I know of dongles), that, it'll be on the device running the app.

MGD
I think this product has its advantages and disadvantages.
But
IMO......
It maybe my conservative nature playing devils advocate right now but I'm still thinking too many eggs in one basket...........

Old 11-04-2010, 05:10 PM
It maybe my conservative nature playing devils advocate right now but I'm still thinking too many eggs in one basket...........
The next possible evolution of this could make it to where you could just use your existing android based phone as a tuner for your vehicle. That would be awesome and could save you money on yet another device.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is some updated info on the product I just received:

For those who already own an android based device Superchips will be offering the “AVID” a Bluetooth Dongle that provides the link between those Android based products and the Superchips VIVID tuning app.

Plans are to release AVID in Summer 2011.

Scott
Originally Posted by eghead
The next possible evolution of this could make it to where you could just use your existing android based phone as a tuner for your vehicle. That would be awesome and could save you money on yet another device.
Look up.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by shotgunz
Look up.

I did miss that, but I would like to see you be able to use the android device itself as the tuner, not just be capable of linking to a separate device.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:33 PM

You can either buy the app for your Android phone and get the Bluetooth dongle or buy the Android device along with the Bluetooth dongle from superchips.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:50 AM
You can either buy the app for your Android phone and get the Bluetooth dongle or buy the Android device along with the Bluetooth dongle from superchips.
Ah OK, so VIVID is the app not the device. So that's a pretty sweet deal. Buy a bluetooth AVID dongle and you now have a tuner.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:46 AM
glc
Received 769 Likes on 710 Posts
Note:

Here is some updated info on the product I just received:

For those who already own an android based device Superchips will be offering the “AVID” a Bluetooth Dongle that provides the link between those Android based products and the Superchips VIVID tuning app.

Plans are to release AVID in Summer 2011.

Scott

Old 11-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
The the actual women who go to the motorcycle club rallies are a lot different than models who are paid to be in a vendor booth. The models still have all their teeth. The "old ladies" have more tattoos than teeth.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:18 PM

^^^^^^

Old 11-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Former Sponsor
Sorry, I wasn't trying to dodge the question. The product will work the same way our current flash products do. It has software that captures the stock file and saves the data to the product memory. Then you select files available from the programmer and program the vehicle with the selections.

In the event you want to return to stock you just retune to stock and the performance tuning is removed and stock is applied back with out any residual files lingering that the dealer can see to give you problems with.

Scott

Last edited by Superchips; 11-08-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Quick Reply: A SEMA exclusive Sneak Peak at Superchips new in cabin programmer