2010 f150 and sct tuner - transmission jumps

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 f150 and sct tuner - transmission jumps

afternoon all, i just received an sct 3015 tuner and installed the custom tune sent in from JMS. once i get on the road after a test drive, my transmission is shifting very rough from 1st - 2nd, 2nd - 3rd, and 3rd - 4th. i spoke with one of the guys at JMS and he said that i could possibly adjust the undershift but he wasnt sure if it was supposed to go up or down. i was just curious if anyone had the same experience with tuning their truck and, if so, what are the proper adjustments? thanks in advance

Old 08-06-2010, 03:16 PM
also, there isnt a settings for "undershift" but im sure thats what he said

Old 08-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Oh my L0rd - yer custom tuner isn't sure ?!?

You should NOT have to adjust anything - it should be good to go when you flashed the PCM - that's why you paid for a CUSTOM tune.

Just tell him to fix it. And keep on their asses until you are satisifed. The unit should have come with preloaded tunes as well - try one of those perhaps ...

http://www.sctflash.com/products.php?PID=2&VID=#2

Adding JMS as another tuner to avoid - looks like they do not have a clue on the new platform's TCM programming

..."undershift" .... LMAO !!!

Worst comes to worst, tell JMS to pound salt - Pay Justin @ VMP $60/tune and get it done right - and fast.

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 08-06-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:43 PM
it seems they replaced the preloaded one with their own because that is the only tune on the box and they said it was theirs...

so looking through the options it looks like he was referring to the "sparks" settings. i say that because he mentioned that they go positive and negative and i would just have to find out which suit me best.

does that sound familiar?

thanks for the reply too...

Last edited by slim10fx2; 08-06-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Find another tuner. The spark settings do not have anything to do with transmission.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:10 PM
just called sct and they said i seem to be missing a few transmission options on my tuner. most likely due to the 2010 chip. they suggested i asked jms to make me another tune... so i called them but their tuner guy had already left. hopefully he calls me first thing monday cuz this really sucks not being able to use my new toy.

i will update this thread in case someone else comes across this same issue.

i also hope they give me this new tune for free since this first one isnt working.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:53 PM
on mine from vmp i have no trans adjustments does not even show them but my trans does not shift like what you are saying its firmer but thats it

Old 08-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by slim10fx2
afternoon all, i just received an sct 3015 tuner and installed the custom tune sent in from JMS. once i get on the road after a test drive, my transmission is shifting very rough from 1st - 2nd, 2nd - 3rd, and 3rd - 4th. i spoke with one of the guys at JMS and he said that i could possibly adjust the undershift but he wasnt sure if it was supposed to go up or down. i was just curious if anyone had the same experience with tuning their truck and, if so, what are the proper adjustments? thanks in advance
Quick run fer dem hills.........

On another note set your truck back to stock until they can figure out which way the wind is blowing from.

Old 08-07-2010, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by MGDfan
Oh my L0rd - yer custom tuner isn't sure ?!?

You should NOT have to adjust anything - it should be good to go when you flashed the PCM - that's why you paid for a CUSTOM tune.

Just tell him to fix it. And keep on their asses until you are satisifed. The unit should have come with preloaded tunes as well - try one of those perhaps ...

http://www.sctflash.com/products.php?PID=2&VID=#2

Adding JMS as another tuner to avoid - looks like they do not have a clue on the new platform's TCM programming

..."undershift" .... LMAO !!!

Worst comes to worst, tell JMS to pound salt - Pay Justin @ VMP $60/tune and get it done right - and fast.

MGD
Agreed...........

Old 08-07-2010, 06:39 AM
Who the hell is JMS?

Old 08-07-2010, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by TRMN8TR
Who the hell is JMS?
Ahhh the power of search engines reveals............
http://www.jmschip.com/

Old 08-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it were my truck, I wouldn't take the chance. Put it back to stock (as 88 said).

Based on their initial tune, response (UNDERSHIFT? holy crap), and lack of support (WAIT UNTIL MONDAY?) why would you think they'll get it right the second time?

Unless, of course, 'right' means broken a transmission, TC, etc.

Ask for your money back (on the tune), keep the tuner, and call VMP, 5Star, PHP, or Troyer for custom tunes from someone that knows what they're doing. Clearly these guys do not.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 88racing
Ahhh the power of search engines reveals............
http://www.jmschip.com/
Oh dear! I do so very much hope that crybaby Russo2 doesn't see this.

MGD

Old 08-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by jhunt47
on mine from vmp i have no trans adjustments does not even show them but my trans does not shift like what you are saying its firmer but thats it
thanks for the reply jhunt. i was hoping to hear from someone with a '10

also, i did go back to stock while i, impatiently, wait for the tuner to come in.....

Old 08-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by shotgunz
If it were my truck, I wouldn't take the chance. Put it back to stock (as 88 said).

Based on their initial tune, response (UNDERSHIFT? holy crap), and lack of support (WAIT UNTIL MONDAY?) why would you think they'll get it right the second time?

Unless, of course, 'right' means broken a transmission, TC, etc.

Ask for your money back (on the tune), keep the tuner, and call VMP, 5Star, PHP, or Troyer for custom tunes from someone that knows what they're doing. Clearly these guys do not.
well they included the tune with it so no refund there.

but i want to give them a chance for their tuner to make this right. however, if i have to pay for it then i will definitely go to VMP as you guys have been suggesting.

the way it seems to me is, they call it their custom tune but it really seems more like a arbitrary tune that they send out for 2010 f150s, maybe? idk because it obviously isnt a custom tune by any sense of the term as far as being made for me and my truck because they asked for no information from me other than my truck make model and year.

Quick Reply: 2010 f150 and sct tuner - transmission jumps