Diablo Sport Tuner Review (Canned Tunes)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure about the edge but it seems most say not to tow over 2500 with perf tunes but I was reassured by diablo mike that it was okay to tow to factory specs with their perf tune. If u are running canned edge with cai u may be running lean. The diablosport will correct the a/f ratio.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:33 PM
5 stars 87is a perf/tow tune!

Old 05-09-2011, 11:17 PM
I think you guys have convinced me to move from the Edge to the Diablo. Oh, and my trailer loaded is probably less than 1500 lbs. I have worried about running lean with the EDGE so , like I said, guess I need to talk to Mike?

Old 05-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jerrybizzle
Not sure about the edge but it seems most say not to tow over 2500 with perf tunes but I was reassured by diablo mike that it was okay to tow to factory specs with their perf tune. If u are running canned edge with cai u may be running lean. The diablosport will correct the a/f ratio.
Only with a CANNED Cai tune.....

Old 05-09-2011, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Smokin Lariat
So does the Diablo have a 87 performance tune? Stock? I'm running an EDGE EVO in my 06 5.4 Lariat and love the 91 performance tune. But gas prices making that impossible to continue! Would like to get a 87 performance but that's custom requiring me to trade up to a Gryphon - and according to other posts on this forum - "bug hell out of em" to get it turned around in two months?

Thinking maybe the thing to do is sell the EDGE and go with a Diablo?
Call PHP and quit putting them down....get it straight from them what their time line is.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by 88racing
Call PHP and quit putting them down....get it straight from them what their time line is.
Due respect I'm not "putting down" EDGE or PHP. That's not at all my intent. I've been very pleased to this point with the EDGE. I'm exploring whether the Diablo might be a better option for me. It sounds as if it offers more felxibility for my needs - ie a canned 87 performance tune, that is not offered on the EDGE - thus forcing me to go to PHP for an upgrade and a custom tune. That means time without my tuner and additional costs. If I can address my need/desire in a different product then it makes sense for me to explore that option.

I'm not the one who originally posted that he got a quicker turn around on his Gryphon because he bugged hell out of em - I merely relayed the comment as it is relevant to my complaint that I have tried 3 times at least to get a timeline from PHP and have never made contact or had my messages/emails returned. I find that to be less than satisfactory customer service and I certainly have the right on this forum to express that opinion. Others have posted far worse about other companies. In fact, were it not for the need to reply to you, I would never have brought this up again, it's not relevant to what I'm trying to accomplish - learn more about the Diablo so I can make a decision on it vs. retaining the EDGE or trying again to upgrade to a Gryphon, so PHP has you to thank for that.

I'm sure the folks at PHP are good people and clearly they have many satisfied customers here on this forum I'm just not one of them cause they've never given me the chance, but I wish them nothing but success. I'm just thinking I'd be happier perhaps with a different product.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Agree. It's your money and specific needs so do what u think is best. You could sell the used edge for a couple hundred and get a diablosport for less than a hundred out of pocket which is probably cheaper than 1 custom tune so I agree with your thought process. Nothing against any of the custom tuners just the diablosport may best fit your needs. Does great for me as well.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Smokin Lariat
Due respect I'm not "putting down" EDGE or PHP. That's not at all my intent. I've been very pleased to this point with the EDGE. I'm exploring whether the Diablo might be a better option for me. It sounds as if it offers more felxibility for my needs - ie a canned 87 performance tune, that is not offered on the EDGE - thus forcing me to go to PHP for an upgrade and a custom tune. That means time without my tuner and additional costs. If I can address my need/desire in a different product then it makes sense for me to explore that option.

I'm not the one who originally posted that he got a quicker turn around on his Gryphon because he bugged hell out of em - I merely relayed the comment as it is relevant to my complaint that I have tried 3 times at least to get a timeline from PHP and have never made contact or had my messages/emails returned. I find that to be less than satisfactory customer service and I certainly have the right on this forum to express that opinion. Others have posted far worse about other companies. In fact, were it not for the need to reply to you, I would never have brought this up again, it's not relevant to what I'm trying to accomplish - learn more about the Diablo so I can make a decision on it vs. retaining the EDGE or trying again to upgrade to a Gryphon, so PHP has you to thank for that.

I'm sure the folks at PHP are good people and clearly they have many satisfied customers here on this forum I'm just not one of them cause they've never given me the chance, but I wish them nothing but success. I'm just thinking I'd be happier perhaps with a different product.
Agreed......
One thing I'll mention is that PHP seems to have a black hole for emails....I don't know why or how but its there.....you're not the first or going to be the last to have communication issues with PHP....good luck on deciding on your purchase of a diablo predator.....

Old 05-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Thanks 88racing - from one Smokestone 06 Lariat driver to another!

Old 05-16-2011, 06:42 PM
I've had mine over a year now and get 15.4 to 15.8 for the most part. One station must have more ethanol cause I get low 14 at that station. I have towed a small trailer with two 4-wheelers no problem. I am pleased with my programer.

Quick Reply: Diablo Sport Tuner Review (Canned Tunes)