tuning my truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 06:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuning my truck

What's up guys? Well I just ordered my new longtube headers for my 5.4l and was wondering what would be the best way to get it tuned. I thought about just getting a tuner but am unsure if that's the way i wanna go. I'm leaning more on getting dyno tuned, but don't know of any places in the San Diego, CA area. Anyone know where I can find a reputable one? Or does anyone have a better idea? I've already got Maggie highflow cats, Maggie 2 1/4" dual in dual out single muffler dumped, 1 3/4 longtubes on the way(hopefully have them in this weekend), and a Volant CAI. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Old 02-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by lilthmp81
What's up guys? Well I just ordered my new longtube headers for my 5.4l and was wondering what would be the best way to get it tuned. I thought about just getting a tuner but am unsure if that's the way i wanna go. I'm leaning more on getting dyno tuned, but don't know of any places in the San Diego, CA area. Anyone know where I can find a reputable one? Or does anyone have a better idea? I've already got Maggie highflow cats, Maggie 2 1/4" dual in dual out single muffler dumped, 1 3/4 longtubes on the way(hopefully have them in this weekend), and a Volant CAI. Thanks in advance for the advice.
Hello!

How ya doin?

I fear all I can offer is a link to SCT's Dealer locator - perhaps you could begin with this, then contact the nearby ones and discuss your needs.

=> http://www.sctflash.com/dlocator.php

Hopefully someone from the area can chime in with a reference.

Good luck!

Regards & cheers

MGD v2.0

Old 02-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
loolin like the set-up i have (minus the maggie muffler) a tuner will work and feels nice but we dont get the most out of the headers without a proper custom tune. you could get a tuner (edge, xcal, etc.) and send off to vmp or php and get a custom tune they tailor to your mods. they are very reputable. or like you said get a dyno tune that will get the mostout of your truck. im actually curious how much that costs. for now im going with vmptuning.

Quick Reply: tuning my truck