edge evo questions on f150 harley

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edge evo questions on f150 harley

i got a question as to what may be the best setting for my truck with the edge programmer that i have i just got it about a month ago and ive been just playing around with it a bit and well i have only found out that the tow haul setting isn't bad but when i'm passing someone doing around 140kmh its not as peppy i guess u could say i was just wonder what i could use as settings like increasing shift points or whatever else to make it move just a lil faster

Old 01-04-2010, 08:05 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
it's not as "peppy" because you have no boost helping the motor move a truck with the aerodynamics of a brick...

either one of my trucks rolls right along (the only time they don't feel "peppy" is the tires are going up in smoke) but anyway, use the search feature, if you can't find it PM me and I will help you find it there's been multiple threads on the "common" settings for the edge programers

Old 01-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Look for Bluejays posts.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I will just say it again here. The Level 2 is a tow tune, designed to give you a lot of torque at low end. It is fine for stop and go around town, but really fades from about 1800 rpms up. It is not good at all for passing, etc. I found Level 3 to be my best overall tune and the better gas mileage paid for the difference in gas price. However, neither are close to a custom performance tune from PHP. I have the best of both worlds with a custom 87 Performance tune and much better downshifting.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so what are u running for a custom tune if ya don't mind me asking or where would i go about getting one done for my truck bluejay?

Old 01-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by peaches67
so what are u running for a custom tune if ya don't mind me asking or where would i go about getting one done for my truck bluejay?
Keep in mind, there are custom settings and there are custom tunes. The settings, you do on the Edge to suit your on preferences. I sent off to PHP for custom tunes. Totally new programs that replaced the Edge canned programs. More power and much better downshifting. My 87 Performance tune is as strong as what I had running Level 3 Edge canned tune. The 93 Performance tune is even stronger.

Quick Reply: edge evo questions on f150 harley