Gryphon/Edge/VMP

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff Dodson
Ok now where can I find these Tuner
Please go through this thread again. You've been given links to both PHP and VMP. Both are excellent choices in my opinion. None of us can tell you if one is better than another!

- Jack

Old 07-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I use my gauges constantly as I drive, plus in one corner is the digital speedometer. The steering wheel blocks my view of the truck speedo. If one doesn't want the Gryphon monitor, you can unplug it and remove it as well.
Just curious What guages are you monitoring. i dont have a clue on most of the readings, like spark or fuel rail pressures and engine load. . i do from time to time use the ave mpg and impg in conjunction to EOT and TFT.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
I monitor the CHT, TFT and Battery Voltage. All relate to the fact that I tow a trailer pretty often and want to keep an eye on those temperatures in addition to the charging system since the trailer has two batteries and a refrigerator that is powered while underway.

I'm also monitoring the "Comm Gears" which tells me the current gear selected and the state of the Torque Converter. I try to minimize shifting and TC unlocking. (But, this you could tell by "feel").

- Jack

Old 07-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by midwestoffroad
Just curious What guages are you monitoring. i dont have a clue on most of the readings, like spark or fuel rail pressures and engine load. . i do from time to time use the ave mpg and impg in conjunction to EOT and TFT.
You can do a max of 4 at one time. I monitor engine temp, tranny temp, voltage and speed

Old 07-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by midwestoffroad
I monitor cht, comm gear, batt voltage, engine load, and sometimes rpm.