New F150, New Edge, New WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have messed with mine a little bit over the past 2 days, really loving it. Taking it on a highway trip this weekend, see if I gained/lost anything in MPG.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I ran the Edge for 31,000 miles. It made driving the truck so much more fun. Enjoy that awhile, then upgrade to a Gryphon. Even better!
How does the gryphon tune work. Do we have to send our edge to get retuned or is it a whole different system?

Old 06-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by STONED150
How does the gryphon tune work. Do we have to send our edge to get retuned or is it a whole different system?
You send your Edge to PHP and the put a different shell or skin on it, then send it back. They then are allowed to write tunes for your truck, which you download and replace the tunes in the Edge.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:00 PM
You send your Edge to PHP and the put a different shell or skin on it, then send it back. They then are allowed to write tunes for your truck, which you download and replace the tunes in the Edge.
Cool thanks for the info.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Actually, Jim, they're doing things a bit different now (unless they've changed again). You DO send in the Edge, but now they hold it until Bill loads the tunes into it and tests it before sending it back.

I think this has to do with firmware changes and they want to avoid having people send it back again when tunes don't load right on converted units. Once they can confirm that a single tune loads properly though, additional tunes, if ordered, can be downloaded through an internet connection without sending the unit back.

So, if you decide to convert an Edge to a Gryphon, you will be driving your truck on Level 0 without a programmer for a while.

- Jack

Quick Reply: New F150, New Edge, New WOW!