Truck's Lifted now take it to dealer for speedometer adjustment or get chip/tuner

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by benny2011a
So i got the truck lifted and put the bigger tires on and everything is great but the speedometer is off and instead of taking it to the dealer and getting it adjusted for 100 bucks ive heard that i could buy a tuner and program that as well as get the truck running great! I dont know anything about the whole tuning/programming the truck thing and am just wondering what my options are as far as a tuner for my 04 5.4L f150? If someone could help me out and get me pointed in the right direction that would be great! Also i have no experience with tuners so how user friendly are they?

Thought this was funny...

Well I would have to agree with that ad, except, I have the gryphon from phptune.com It is a customizable version of the edge and well worth the money. Will allow you to fix your speedo and get your truck running great!

Old 05-11-2009, 04:46 PM
yea i run 89 in my truck... are those canned tunes? and when i buy my tuner i will probably buy a custom tune as well so will they send me the tuner right away then send the tunes later or will they wait until the custom tunes are done then load them onto the tuner then send it? i am referring to php and i know you have an edge tuner but have tunes from php so i was just wondering if you knew

Old 05-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by benny2011a
yea i run 89 in my truck... are those canned tunes? and when i buy my tuner i will probably buy a custom tune as well so will they send me the tuner right away then send the tunes later or will they wait until the custom tunes are done then load them onto the tuner then send it? i am referring to php and i know you have an edge tuner but have tunes from php so i was just wondering if you knew
They send the tuner right away and it comes loaded with the same canned tunes as the Edge. Then, when you are ready, you fill out the info sheet, fax it to them and they will create the custom tunes. That takes about 4 weeks after they receive your paper work.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I'm going to merge both of your threads in the Tuner section.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
They send the tuner right away and it comes loaded with the same canned tunes as the Edge. Then, when you are ready, you fill out the info sheet, fax it to them and they will create the custom tunes. That takes about 4 weeks after they receive your paper work.
Well just to throw this out there to the OP, so you don't end up getting dissappointed...I know PHP said they was wanting to get back to a 4 week wait. But right now I along with some others are at 12-13 weeks on the custom tunes. The gryphon was still a good purchase.

Quick Reply: Truck's Lifted now take it to dealer for speedometer adjustment or get chip/tuner