edge evo 4 wheel drive

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edge evo 4 wheel drive

i got a evo a few weeks back and jus wondering if theirs a certain way to do the gears so the 4 wheel drive doesnt get messed up...thanks i might be an idiot with this thing

Old 02-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by kipp022
i got a evo a few weeks back and jus wondering if theirs a certain way to do the gears so the 4 wheel drive doesnt get messed up...thanks i might be an idiot with this thing
I don't think you know what you are even talking about...

Old 02-13-2009, 07:46 PM
As long as the front and rear have the same ratio and the edge is set to the right ratio, everything will be okay.

If that's not what you meant then I have no idea what you're talking about or rather you have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by kipp022

Eh....what?

Old 02-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Guys! Remember we all had to start somewhere! Let's give him a break.

kipp, I think the only thing you could do to screw up the gears in you truck would be to change the rear gearing to something different than the front end. You can't do that with an Edge, it would be a mechanical mod.

You can play with the normal and wide open shift points to your heart's content. Try small changes at first, and see if you like the results. On the WOT shifts, make sure the limit RPM is at least 400 above what you set as the shift point, or it might hit the RPM limiter before the shift is complete. Don't set your 3-4 upshift too high either, probably not above 4500. There's more stress on things in this change. And, your torque converter will start to balloon above 5400 RPM as I recall, so I wouldn't spend much time in that region either.

- Jack

Quick Reply: edge evo 4 wheel drive