PHP experience so far

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm up to 3 months today,and still counting.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by thankschub
I'm up to 3 months today,and still counting.
Something is wrong. Did you email your name as Corey asked?

Old 02-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Yes.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Yes.
Then email again or call. This is very abnormal, so something out of the ordinary has happened.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Bluejay,thanks for your concern and help. I sent a follow up Email on 1/31/09.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Bluejay,thanks for your concern and help. I sent a follow up Email on 1/31/09.
I think something's wrong too, if Corey or Bill has not replied to your email sent on Jan 31! I think you should call them. They don't answer the phone though if your number is blocked, so make sure it's not.

- Jack

Old 02-11-2009, 08:42 PM
im in the same boat order the first of nov, email to ask about the and #3 in line as of couple weeks ago may be he will get to them in his off time while do the tuning class

Old 02-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Thanks banks,perhaps we are in the same boat.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:48 PM
I plan on ordering mine this weekend after my tax return shows up. I'm sure I'll be plenty happy with the canned tunes until the 30-60 days goes by for the custom one or two that I order. I certainly hope I don't have to wait 3 months but from what I hear that Bill goes through to tune YOUR truck and not just A truck with the mods you have, I think its going to be very well worth it.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:00 PM
i dont have any idea what it take to program the trucks, but since they started their own forum and the different things that they have got going with them, i understand they are some busy people more than i would like to be. so u got to be patient.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Just a note to all of you waiting: When you requested the tunes did you remember to include your HEX code? Without it, they cannot do a thing. And, make sure your name is on the tune request too (not your forum sig).

In my talks with Corey, she says many people do NOT send in their HEX code!

- Jack

Old 02-12-2009, 01:02 PM
ordered mine Nov 18th. Got the unit but still waiting for custom tunes. Called about 2 weeks ago and was told that it would be done that night. Waited a week and called back and was told once again it would be done that night. I made the mistake of saying not to worry about getting it done that night, just finish it in the next day or two...that was 6 days ago...starting to question this deal.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Former Sponsor
Unfortunately, some things have come up that have taken priority over custom tuning. Out of respect to our customers, we are closing up shop next week so that Bill can have uninterrupted time to custom tune. He is trying to tie up any loose ends on some projects that he's got going so that he can devote all that time to getting customers taken care of.

If you were told they would be done that night, please know that it was told to you with every intention of getting them finished THAT NIGHT. It would make no sense at all to tell a customer they were going to be finished while knowing full well they wouldn't; it would only cost us more time in the long run trying to appease the customer. We have posted many times, though, that customers with driveability issues will always take precedence over custom tuning.

In addition, some files that Bill had compiled over the past 11 years were mistakenly deleted recently; he has been working about 16-18 hours a day rewriting them. If this tells you anything, every file has about 22,000 lines of code, and I don't know how many need to be replaced. Unfortunately, these files are needed for custom tuning, so please don't think anyone is being ignored. In addition, we field about 40-50 calls per day -- and about 90% of them ask to speak directly to Bill because of technical questions about diesels, FICMs, etc. Between 12PM and 9PM, he doesn't get to work on anything, pretty much.

That's why we're willing to give up a week's worth of income next week. Customers shouldn't have to be waiting as long as they have been.

I'm sorry if we've disappointed you.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Thank you for the response and I can appreciate the difficult situation that you are in. I am fine with waiting and had expected to wait for 2-3 months. To be honest I would have been happy with hearing your explination on the phone the first time instead of being told it would be ready that night (twice). I personally feel it leads to improved customer satisfaction when you underpromise and overdeliver. As I said, I can wait, it's no big deal. I just don't want to feel like when I do call, I'm being given the run around; just my 2 cents.
I'm anxious to get the tunes and look forward to try them out.
Best of luck getting everything straightened out

Old 02-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick
Unfortunately, some things have come up that have taken priority over custom tuning. Out of respect to our customers, we are closing up shop next week so that Bill can have uninterrupted time to custom tune. He is trying to tie up any loose ends on some projects that he's got going so that he can devote all that time to getting customers taken care of.

If you were told they would be done that night, please know that it was told to you with every intention of getting them finished THAT NIGHT. It would make no sense at all to tell a customer they were going to be finished while knowing full well they wouldn't; it would only cost us more time in the long run trying to appease the customer. We have posted many times, though, that customers with driveability issues will always take precedence over custom tuning.

In addition, some files that Bill had compiled over the past 11 years were mistakenly deleted recently; he has been working about 16-18 hours a day rewriting them. If this tells you anything, every file has about 22,000 lines of code, and I don't know how many need to be replaced. Unfortunately, these files are needed for custom tuning, so please don't think anyone is being ignored. In addition, we field about 40-50 calls per day -- and about 90% of them ask to speak directly to Bill because of technical questions about diesels, FICMs, etc. Between 12PM and 9PM, he doesn't get to work on anything, pretty much.

That's why we're willing to give up a week's worth of income next week. Customers shouldn't have to be waiting as long as they have been.

I'm sorry if we've disappointed you.
Thank you for your response. I just wanted to make sure you caught the bold part, too.

Quick Reply: PHP experience so far