Joined the crowd

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joined the crowd

Well, I placed my order for an Xcal3 from VMP today. Cant wait to get a tune loaded into the truck and see how it feels.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Former Sponsor
Justin's a great guy! Let us know what you think after you load your tunes. Congratulations on your new purchase!

Old 01-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Shoulda went php, but not dissing anyone elses products, but you get more, way more for the money with php, not to mention customer service and knowledge is second to none

Old 01-05-2009, 10:28 PM
you get more ,way more for the money?,but you aren't dissing anyone else's product?contradicting sounding there...

Old 01-05-2009, 11:24 PM
He didnt say anything about quality of product, just that he felt one company had a better value than the other.

Why do you have such a hard on for TP? You own stock or something?

Old 01-06-2009, 12:00 AM
i didn't say ONE thing about tp, ya know -justine of vmp is a reputed tuner on here as well, now you can take your foot out of your mouth...

Old 01-06-2009, 02:06 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by knighj1
Shoulda went php, but not dissing anyone elses products, but you get more, way more for the money with php, not to mention customer service and knowledge is second to none
After seeing the dyno from the mail order tunes from Troyer and the A/F ratios, I have to completely disagree with you. Put yours on the dyno and see if the A/F ratios are dead on without any datalogging.

Trending Topics

Old 01-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by knighj1
After I received my custom tunes and found out that my strategy code had been changed by the dealer, I shot Justin a quick e-mail. Within 2 days he sent me the updated codes.

I tried the 93 performance first, thinking I would switch to the 87 performance after I got the lead foot sensation out of my system.

Haven't switched yet and don't ever plan on it!

Old 01-06-2009, 08:20 AM
When I posted I was not trying to start a pi***** match on who was better, VMP, PHP or Troyer. I was just excited to finally be tuning my truck. As for my choice to go with VMP, it came after much research and personal preference. There is no doubt that PHP (anyone who reads these forums can tell their service is outstanding) and Troyer are also first rate tuners but for me it came down to the fact that I like SCT products and the short wait time and satisfied reviews from forum readers (after much searching) made my mind up.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by openclasspro#11
i didn't say ONE thing about tp, ya know -justine of vmp is a reputed tuner on here as well, now you can take your foot out of your mouth...
Cross referencing threads and your signature was enough to convince me. No need to remove something that isnt there...

To the OP- congrats on your tunes. Let us know how they work out for you.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by NVERL8
When I posted I was not trying to start a pi***** match on who was better, VMP, PHP or Troyer. I was just excited to finally be tuning my truck. As for my choice to go with VMP, it came after much research and personal preference. There is no doubt that PHP (anyone who reads these forums can tell their service is outstanding) and Troyer are also first rate tuners but for me it came down to the fact that I like SCT products and the short wait time and satisfied reviews from forum readers (after much searching) made my mind up.
No worries it coms with the territory unfortunately.

Congrats on your tunes, I am sure you will love them!

Old 01-08-2009, 05:52 PM
HOLY COW

Well I got my X-cal 3 from VMP today and all I can say is wow. Currently I have the 87 performance tune loaded in the truck and I am really amazed at the power difference. Tons more power and throttle response throughout the RPM range and the overall driveability is better. I also got the mileage tune and towing tune and will keep everyone posted if I can get the grin off my face long enough to try them.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:21 AM
NVERL8 its took only 4 days to get a tuner and tune??

Old 01-09-2009, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by NVERL8
HOLY COW

Well I got my X-cal 3 from VMP today and all I can say is wow. Currently I have the 87 performance tune loaded in the truck and I am really amazed at the power difference. Tons more power and throttle response throughout the RPM range and the overall driveability is better. I also got the mileage tune and towing tune and will keep everyone posted if I can get the grin off my face long enough to try them.
Which motor do you have 4.6L or 5.4L?

Old 01-09-2009, 07:42 AM
Ace85-correct, 4 days. I was surprised myself.

08fordfx2-5.4

Quick Reply: Joined the crowd