New Gryphon...very pleased!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Gryphon...very pleased!!!

Just installed the new Gryphon tonight. I, like everyone else who has a Gryphon, am very pleased with the product. Currently using the 93 performance "canned tune" awaiting for the custom 87 Performance and 87 Towing tunes. Truck runs so much better, more power, better shifting, quicker response, cool guages to view and show off to friends, etc. I also had an 18" 5X8 Magnaflow welded on in place of the stock muffler today. Also installed AEM dryflow drop-in filter. Very pleased at this point. Truck looks stock, sounds great, and runs even better. Thanks to everyone on these forums who provide such great info. Special thanks to Corey and Bill at PHP who have been excellent answering emails and questions.

For those of you who like custom splash screens, here's mine:

Old 12-04-2008, 12:21 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by mark_123
Just installed the new Gryphon tonight. I, like everyone else who has a Gryphon, am very pleased with the product. Currently using the 93 performance "canned tune" awaiting for the custom 87 Performance and 87 Towing tunes. Truck runs so much better, more power, better shifting, quicker response, cool guages to view and show off to friends, etc. I also had an 18" 5X8 Magnaflow welded on in place of the stock muffler today. Also installed AEM dryflow drop-in filter. Very pleased at this point. Truck looks stock, sounds great, and runs even better. Thanks to everyone on these forums who provide such great info. Special thanks to Corey and Bill at PHP who have been excellent answering emails and questions.

For those of you who like custom splash screens, here's mine:

You've been busy! I can't imagine driving without my tunes and the monitor.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:06 AM
me too I love it.

Dont forget to get the new features for it like the mpg calculator and so forth, you'll love it when you see your cruising at 22mpgs a gallon, at least i do lol

Old 12-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Hey Mark...

If you could, please e-mail me the splash screen and I'll get it up on the downloads page of the website. It's really cool.

Glad to hear the Gryphon is working well for you.

Take care.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Whats a splash screen? The bootup picture?

Old 12-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by knighj1
Whats a splash screen? The bootup picture?
Yep

Old 12-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
If only Santa Clause would bring me one...

Old 12-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Just thought i would jump in and say that i just found out from my email account that my grypon is setting at my house waiting to be installed. Bad thing is i go to school a 100 miles away and wont get to put it in till tommorow. I was just wondering, i ordered the three custome tunes, 87 performance, 87 towing, and 91 performance, are the old canned tunes still on the programmer to see the difference between the three or not, and has anyone ever used these custom tunes? I drive a 2002 4.6L 2wd.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by bmass11
Just thought i would jump in and say that i just found out from my email account that my grypon is setting at my house waiting to be installed. Bad thing is i go to school a 100 miles away and wont get to put it in till tommorow. I was just wondering, i ordered the three custome tunes, 87 performance, 87 towing, and 91 performance, are the old canned tunes still on the programmer to see the difference between the three or not, and has anyone ever used these custom tunes? I drive a 2002 4.6L 2wd.
Normally, the Gyrphon arrives with the canned tunes installed in it and your custom tunes arrive at a later date via email.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
Normally, the Gyrphon arrives with the canned tunes installed in it and your custom tunes arrive at a later date via email.
I want to add to Bluejay's comment, because you may have been asking a different question. The canned tunes should be on the unit when you first get it. Go ahead and load one of them on your truck and see how it feels. When Bill tells you your custom tunes are ready, he'll send you an email. You'll set your truck back to Level 0 and then, using the Pegasus software (which connects to their server) you will load the three new custom tunes on the unit which will replace the old canned tunes.

Now you can load a new custom tune on to your vehicle and see how it compares with the canned tune it replaced. You won't be able to switch back and forth between custom and canned tunes, but I think you'll be able to tell the difference and you'll like what you end up with.

There's no way to have three custom tunes and the three canned tunes on the Gryphon at the same time.

Hope I haven't confused anyone too badly with this! :o

- Jack

Old 12-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Oh, well when i ordered my gryphon from bill he told me that the custom tunes would be on there when i got it, because i have been waiting for two months, bill didnt tell me about sending anything to me via email? How would i know if i have canned tunes or custom tunes?

Old 12-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Former Sponsor
Hmm...

You could call us and verify it?!? I know that we've been flooded with phone calls, e-mails, PMS and orders lately, but heck, we take phone calls from 9-9! I know that you're probably trying to to "bother" us, but we're always available to help -- even if we have to squeeze ya in between the chaos!

(Or you could PM Bill or me and ask!)

BUT I JUST FIGURED OUT WHO THIS IS AND YES, BILL PUT CUSTOM TUNES ON YOUR GRYPHON. When you install it, give us a shout if you have any questions.

Now, before I'm inundated with phone calls and e-mails from anyone else who has been waiting for tunes longer than we expected them to take ...

Please be aware that this particular customer ordered his Gryphon on October 7 and asked us to hold onto it until the custom tunes were done. He didn't have the canned tunes to play with for the past two months until the custom tuning was done. He just sat by patiently until Bill actually had the time to finish it up. We didn't play favorites or anything!

Old 12-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks, Groovy Chick for clearing that up, im sorry for the inconvience and if i made your phone ring even more than it already does and thousands of emails. Hopefully you forgive me. Thanks again!
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick
Hmm...

You could call us and verify it?!? I know that we've been flooded with phone calls, e-mails, PMS and orders lately, but heck, we take phone calls from 9-9! I know that you're probably trying to to "bother" us, but we're always available to help -- even if we have to squeeze ya in between the chaos!

(Or you could PM Bill or me and ask!)

BUT I JUST FIGURED OUT WHO THIS IS AND YES, BILL PUT CUSTOM TUNES ON YOUR GRYPHON. When you install it, give us a shout if you have any questions.

Now, before I'm inundated with phone calls and e-mails from anyone else who has been waiting for tunes longer than we expected them to take ...

Please be aware that this particular customer ordered his Gryphon on October 7 and asked us to hold onto it until the custom tunes were done. He didn't have the canned tunes to play with for the past two months until the custom tuning was done. He just sat by patiently until Bill actually had the time to finish it up. We didn't play favorites or anything!

Old 12-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Former Sponsor
You Goose! That's what we're here for -- to answer calls and e-mails and stuff! It's what we've chosen to do! In convenience shminconvenience. No such thing. Nothing to be forgiven for at all, Silly.

And like I said, feel free to call us when you install it if you have any questions or anything!

Old 12-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
And Corey and bmass11 - I'm sorry :o I jumped in here and muddied up the situation. My profound apologies!

I forgot Bill doesn't subscribe to the "one size fits all" philosophy!

- Jack

Quick Reply: New Gryphon...very pleased!!!