VMP tune = engine needs service

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 12:19 AM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
I'm still waiting to see what the dealership says.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the tuner would of re-assured you that if it was a problem caused by his tune that he would finacialy compensate you then this would be an easier pill to take. Then leave it in fords hands to make the determination. If the engine was built weak or out of tolerance and it failed premature becasue of the more aggressive power capabilities of the tune then it isn't Justin's fault. If it was an obvious lean condition then maybe it is his fault.

I think this all could of been much easier on the the buyer had the customer service aspect been treated a little better than saying "it is in no way my fault"

If Justin has this attitude when problems happen and he wouldn't cover problems generated by his tuning then I wouldn't consider his product. I think Justin needs to state what his policy is.

Justin if the tune caused a lean condition, or the shift point was set to high and over revved the engine. And that caused failure, what would you do for the customer?

This all goes to show that custom tuning via email is not the safest / best way to tune. You are at risk of someone many miles away to tell you that the high cost of a repair bill for something they caused is "not thier fault". If edge or super chips warranty was "it's not my fault" to any problem, how many tuners would they sell? Would they still be in business?

Justin how about you tell of some times when you did have issues and what you did to corrrect them. Give yourself some credibility for things that do go wrong. Because you have been really quiet and that is not a good sign to me.

To the buyer of the tune, just because the last ten trucks he tuned where fine running at a higher shift point or a more aggressive a/f mixture doesn't mean that your truck can handle it, there is a reason that canned tunes are a little less aggressive. They know that they can cause issues if they push things to far. And it seems like the custom tuning is nothing more than a more aggressive canned tune written to you vehicle. If it was safe to send out a tune that is this aggressive then hypertech, edge, and super chips would all be doing it. But it isn't safe without proper feedback, data logging or dyno tuning.

I am not trying to flame justin here, and I hope that everything works out for all parties. But it would be nice to know exactly what his policy is for problems caused by a bad tune, be it as small as a tow bill, a rental car, or major repair. I know there is a policy in every box that comes with the canned tunes for a reason.

Last edited by bigemike; 10-07-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Bigemike, You have to know whats wrong with the truck before anyone can determine what happened, and who's at fault. If I were Justin I wouldn't be here wasting my time, I'd be talking with the OP to resolve the problem.

Personally, I think the OP, could have gone about this differently. All his post did was create a 2 page pissing match. (for me it was 2 pages)

Old 10-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by 04heritage
Bigemike, You have to know whats wrong with the truck before anyone can determine what happened, and who's at fault. If I were Justin I wouldn't be here wasting my time, I'd be talking with the OP to resolve the problem.

Personally, I think the OP, could have gone about this differently. All his post did was create a 2 page pissing match. (for me it was 2 pages)
I agree. Also, there is a scary disclaimer when I go to load the tune that warns me, I do so at my own risk. That is there for a reason.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:43 PM
I agree and I for one am asking ahead of time, what would happen in case of a tuning error, what liability is assumed by the tuner.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:10 PM
I guess right now it is a wait and see till the OP gets back to us with what the problem is.

As far as the tuner being responsible...I would think unless it could be proven the tuner was grossly negligent or maliciously negligent in writing the tune then they are probably gonna be off the hook legally. Morally may be a different story.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:58 AM
wondering what the dealer said.......

Old 10-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Old 10-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Global Moderator &

He either doesn't want to come back and talk about it anymore or there may have been a homicide at the dealership.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
He either doesn't want to come back and talk about it anymore or there may have been a homicide at the dealership.
You would think the OP would want to give an update, no matter how small it is.

Last Activity: 10-07-2008 11:54 AM

Old 10-09-2008, 04:46 PM
no word yet dealership is busy..god i hope im wrong...

Old 10-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by blackestf1504x4
no word yet dealership is busy..god i hope im wrong...
I hope it all turns out good for you.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the update, Good Luck.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Wouldn't that be funny if it was just the low fuel cut @ wot on shifts, and all it needs is more fuel in the tank.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
PM sent.
thump you must be really scared about people knowing your height.

Quick Reply: VMP tune = engine needs service