VMP tune = engine needs service

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VMP tune = engine needs service

i just posted yeterday about my 07 hd f150 having pinging problems with a vmp tune . last knight it started to cut out at wot. so i went back to stock and it still cut out and makes some very scary noises. i know a bad motor sound im 33 and been around motors all my life. justin says its just bad timming that it happen same time i put tune in. he said take it to ford and have them fix it. It didnt need fixin till i put his tune on. Im taking it to ford next week hopfully my warrenty still stands. as of right now i would say DO NOT GET A TUNE.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Yes... and thousands of people are going to take your advice not to get a tune because your truck had a problem.

Ever think that it was going bad before the tune and just coincidentally came-up after installing it? For someone whos been around engines their "entire" life... I'd think you would have thought about that.

Sorry if this post offends you, but its a joke to see a thread from someone automatically blaming something and telling people not to do it before they consider all the facts.

There are many, many people on these boards with custom tunes (whether it be VMP, Troyer, PHP, ect.) who haven't had a single problem.

EDIT: Forgot to add, be prepared to get flamed.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I've had my truck programmed for over 12,000 miles now without a problem!

Old 10-03-2008, 05:07 PM

I guess next he'll blame his bad english on global warming!

Old 10-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Thumpers eyeballs will pop out of his head when he sees this. Seriously though, I'll never understand these threads. Sorry for adding......

Old 10-03-2008, 05:14 PM
just stating fact bro dont know whats going on, iv got 10000 miles and i baby my truck, i put a tune on and it goes to cr#p that day. any one whos knows anything about motors and engineering knows if i put this thing on and bad things happen most likely its that thing. That is commen sence. i here to get help on programmers or keep someone else from making same mistake, not sell programmers. if you have advise good otherwise get a life and bark at somone who cares what you say.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Suspended
There is no way for a tune to cause your type of problems on a mostly stock truck, especially after RETURNING TO STOCK. I would not worry about it, it could be as simple as a bad coil pack, just take it into Ford and have them look at it. Your warranty is still intact, the tune did not void it, and did not cause the problem. Once the vehicle is flashed back to stock, the aftermarket tune is taken out of the equation.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by 2004Triton5.4
I guess next he'll blame his bad english on global warming!
Haha... I was going to go on a triad about his English too.

Come on now, everybody knows its "commen sence"

Old 10-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Suspended
Definitely not a problem with the tune if it doesn't do it while you're on the stock tune. Take it to the dealer and do not mention the tune and see what happens.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Justin@VMP
There is no way for a tune to cause your type of problems on a mostly stock truck, especially after RETURNING TO STOCK. I would not worry about it, it could be as simple as a bad coil pack, just take it into Ford and have them look at it. Your warranty is still intact, the tune did not void it, and did not cause the problem. Once the vehicle is flashed back to stock, the aftermarket tune is taken out of the equation.
While your here Justin, your tunes caused my truck to get a flat tire. Everybody knows its "commen sence" that when you put a "thing" on your truck and you get a flat tire, its most likely that "thing".

Old 10-03-2008, 05:28 PM
i am bro just very worried, Its a new truck, big payment and im hearing very bad sounds after i went back to stock. It could be something simple and i hope i am wrong. i havent given up hope but wouldnt you (justin) be trippin if you were in my shoes??? to all the lonely guys just hanging out and reading this to say something stupid, even the tuner im worried about is just giving advise. this is what the forum is for.if it turns out it was a bad sensor or not related then it will come out one way or another what really happen and people will buy tuners because thet work or they wont because they screwed up my motor.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by blackestf1504x4
just stating fact bro dont know whats going on, iv got 10000 miles and i baby my truck, i put a tune on and it goes to cr#p that day. any one whos knows anything about motors and engineering knows if i put this thing on and bad things happen most likely its that thing. That is commen sence. i here to get help on programmers or keep someone else from making same mistake, not sell programmers. if you have advise good otherwise get a life and bark at somone who cares what you say.
This must be some hybrid english! I didn't know they made tune's you can wear now!

Old 10-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by blackestf1504x4
i am bro just very worried, Its a new truck, big payment and im hearing very bad sounds after i went back to stock. It could be something simple and i hope i am wrong. i havent given up hope but wouldnt you (justin) be trippin if you were in my shoes??? to all the lonely guys just hanging out and reading this to say something stupid, even the tuner im worried about is just giving advise. this is what the forum is for.if it turns out it was a bad sensor or not related then it will come out one way or another what really happen and people will buy tuners because thet work or they wont because they screwed up my motor.
Did you go WOT? Wot can put stress on the engine wherther it has a performance tune or whether it's stock. If something is wrong with the engine, it's more likely due to going WOT than the tune itself.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:37 PM
if you put a tune on your motor it pushes to far past allowed stresses and tolerances and hurts something then return to stock the damage is done. Im not sure that is what happen but its possible so dont tell me returning to stock negates having a tune on there at all. im not sure that is what my educated guess is we will see next week after i take it to ford. if it is not the tune i will say.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:41 PM
i was at wot but it never hurt anything before the tune just immediately after.

Quick Reply: VMP tune = engine needs service