2003 f150 Gryphon programmer

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 f150 Gryphon programmer

ok when i bought my 2003 supercrew 2 years ago i installed a edge and it was fine then I ended up selling it on ebay, well anyways i heard about this Gryphon programmer which sounds like a edge just put in diffrent clothing, my question is with the Gryphon programmer can I display tranny temp. or IS IT just like the edge was and it won`t display the tranny temp?thanks

Old 07-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Mine displays the Transmission Fluid Temp. Is it possible your PCM does not have a sensor to measure TFT? I know very little about pre-2004 f150s (and probably only marginally more about mine).

Now that I think about it, I believe the Edge/Gryphon model IS different for pre-2004 trucks. You should call Bill at www.powerhungryperformance.com and ask him your question. He will know for sure.

Regardless, Bill can write custom tunes for the Gryphon that will be way better than the canned tunes on the Edge.

- Jack

Old 07-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Yup what he said.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by jeremyhass
ok when i bought my 2003 supercrew 2 years ago i installed a edge and it was fine then I ended up selling it on ebay, well anyways i heard about this Gryphon programmer which sounds like a edge just put in diffrent clothing, my question is with the Gryphon programmer can I display tranny temp. or IS IT just like the edge was and it won`t display the tranny temp?thanks
The Gryphon is a private labeled Evo, so it doesn't display the tranny temp either. This has just recently come to Bill's attention. He's looking into it... thinking maybe that the 2003 doesn't have a sensor in the transmission. Check back on here tomorrow; we may have an answer.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:10 PM
yeah it has one because i have the laptop software for engine diagnostic and I have the extended data package and i can see all the sensors on the truck that the ECM looks at and it does have a tranny sensor, i can watch it go up and down so maybe it part of the system that the programmers can`t access, but i had a diablo predator programmer and i could see the tranny temp on the hand held unit, then i went with the edge for on the dash mounting and found out after i bought it, it didn`t display the tranny temp

Quick Reply: 2003 f150 Gryphon programmer