!!php!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is awesome to see a Dealer/salesperson (I don't know the P.C. term) chat with customers outside the shop. This may be a deciding factor on the programmer I buy.

But just so I understand. The Gryphon is a souped up customized Edge. It has custom programs specifically designed for the buyers needs. And is programmed by one of the O.G.s of the evolution. Plus the customer service is there to back it up. This sounds awesome.
Does the purchase price include the dash mount (pod)?

Old 08-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by azfordby4
It is awesome to see a Dealer/salesperson (I don't know the P.C. term) chat with customers outside the shop. This may be a deciding factor on the programmer I buy.

But just so I understand. The Gryphon is a souped up customized Edge. It has custom programs specifically designed for the buyers needs. And is programmed by one of the O.G.s of the evolution. Plus the customer service is there to back it up. This sounds awesome.
The one doing the "chatting" is Bill's wife - she's his business partner.

I think you've got it essentially right. Bill worked for Edge and the design of the hardware and the canned tunes are pretty much his work as I understand it. In any case, he knows this device!

Edge cannot have custom tunes written for it though, due to Federal emmisions restrictions that don't recognize the possibility there may be something better. Edge does not want to be "decertified" because of these stupid, government-mandated laws.

Bill has worked a deal with Edge whereby he buys and "rebrands" the units (that he developed) and then resells them as Gryphon programmers. He can write custom tunes for them that make YOUR truck perform the way YOU want it to.

The Gryphon comes with a dash mount pod. Go to their website. You'll see some pictures of it in action. The different colors you see in the display are just there to show you you can change the colors to YOUR liking.

Give him a call - you'll be glad you did!

- Jack

Old 08-06-2008, 01:20 AM
You really can't go wrong with the Gryphon! the edge evo is nice but you will eventually long to have just a bit more and knowing that the gryphon is that bit more, you might as well take the extra step and get one.
I was an edge evo owner and upgraded to a Gryphon and the difference between the stock Edge tunes and Bill's customized tunes is night and day!
I'm almost positive everyone in this particular forum will agree that custom tunes are by far better than canned tunes! Without getting into the debate about which one to get.........

Last edited by phatboyspam; 08-06-2008 at 01:36 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
The one doing the "chatting" is Bill's wife - she's his business partner.

The Gryphon comes with a dash mount pod. Go to their website. You'll see some pictures of it in action. The different colors you see in the display are just there to show you you can change the colors to YOUR liking.

- Jack
As if nobody would CHOOSE a purple screen... Bill mentioned to Edge that I sure would be in the market for a dash mounted pod for the Expy (it doesn't currently exist). I'd be changing the screen color every day -- just 'cause I could! And you just know that it would make Billy nuts.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by azfordby4

Aw, I LOVE coming on to see what everyone's up to, and if I can answer a few questions while I'm here, I feel helpful. It's crazy -- I haven't met 99% of these people and wouldn't recognize them on the street, but there are many that I count as friends. I love the whole feeling of community.

If you have any other questions about the Gryphon, please don't hesitate to give us a call. We'll be happy to answer any questions you have and we're not the type to push you into anything.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Hey Corey, quick question. Bill mentioned to me that my tunes are 2-3 days away on sat.

No rush or anything but should i be expecting today or tomorrow or the next day
lol

Old 08-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by FX417
Hey Corey, quick question. Bill mentioned to me that my tunes are 2-3 days away on sat.

No rush or anything but should i be expecting today or tomorrow or the next day
lol
Since I've known him, Bill has lived in what I call "Billy World" where there are more than 60 minutes in an hour, and consequently, more than 24 hours in a day. Always the eternal optimist, he doesn't stop to think that -- just maybe -- something might actually come up (it always does!) to prevent him from working on custom tuning. So when he says it'll be 2 or 3 days, he really means it with all his heart; it just doesn't usually happen that way. :o God bless him... he makes me crazy sometimes. If he said 2-3 days last Saturday, I'd be planning on them arriving this coming Saturday probably. He's napping now and should be up working on files through the night, so if you'd like to call or drop me an e-mail tomorrow, I'll have a better idea of the ETA. Thanks for understanding!

Old 08-07-2008, 12:53 PM
HMM, Billys world? Thats the name of it?
Hopefully theres a method to his madness?
I've been in "Billys world" for a while also, but I do know patience is the key!
He always redeems himself!!!!!

Old 08-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Former Sponsor
Oh, there's always a method to his madness. Like I said, he just the eternal optimist and tends to give people (including me!) the very best scenario. Me? I always tack on a little more time when people ask me about tunes because I'd rather them be happy they arrived early than sad that they arrived late.

(Unfortunately, our nine-year old lives in Billy World, too. He's just like his dad!)

Old 08-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Corey,
As always, no offense. But it struck me funny, thinking of your son telling you, In Billy world terms, "I'll clean my room tomorrow!" 3 days and 9 horific catastrophies later, the room finally gets clean!
Sorry Bill! I'm not trying to make fun of you! Thats just the visual that popped in my head when Coreys term "BILLYS WORLD" comes to mind.
Aloha
Graham

Old 08-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Former Sponsor
Unfortunately, you're pretty freakin' close...

Quick Reply: !!php!!