Troyer Won't Help Me With My Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
im kidding thumper, hence the laughy smiley. take it easy bud.
I thought so but I thought I'd mess with you too.

Originally Posted by BrotherDave
3 things

1. i ride suzuki, do you know what the problem is? if so why not help the original poster out?

2. 2 sides to every story

3. If i were justin, thumper or anyone that for whatever reasons wants to top TP, i would help this guy out for no charge.. think about it, for $50 (cheaper than any other form of advertising) i can show how good my skills are and also show that I am a stand up guy. Can you say customer for life?
i would clearly state, I am in business to make money and support my family but i also want to find out how to fix problems people might have. On my own time at my own expess i would like to try and correct this problem. If i cant fix it no problem, if i do and you are happy, pay me whatever you can afford.

i honestly think that #2 applies here
As much as everyone wants to rip on i.ride.suzuki for being so blunt and not being a fan of Troyer. The guy knows his stuff when it comes to tuning. No not as much as Troyer or Justin but he knows quite a lot.

I completely agree that there are two sides of a story. But this isn't the first time that something like this has been posted about Troyer. Now I'm not bashing Troyer because like I said even the best tuners can make mistakes from time to time. It sucks when it happens, especially when it's you but it's bound to happen. Ford makes lemons out of the bunch but that doesn't mean you shouldn't ever buy a Ford. I got one of those lemons and have owned two other Fords after with no problems.

I'm not so sure how I would help the guy out. I don't know near as much about tuning that'd be required to fix this problem. I'll admit that right now. I don't really think Justin would be doing it for free, fixing someone else's mistake, nor would Bill, etc. I think the only person who should be rectifying the situation is the person who wrote the tunes in the first place and that'd be Troyer.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:43 PM
With the tunes not installed, the truck acts just fine when i drive up any type of grade. If it needs another gear, it downshifts and works like it's supposed to. With the tunes installed it locks, unlocks, locks, unlocks... until i get over the hill. Yes, i could turn the cruise off and it would fix the problem. But like i said, 90% of my driving is on a highway that has grades steep up enough to make my truck do this every mile or so. Therefore, i dont have the tunes installed. Thanks for the replies. When i get home from work next week, i believe i will contact someone else about tryin to get me a tune that works

Old 05-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not here to defend MT, as most that have been around here know that I stopped doing so late last year (my choice which is my business).
However, I know him better than most will and I can assure you that if you could get him on the phone and discuss your situation that he would definately be willing to find resolve.
Your not the first to have an issue with a tune, and you will not be the last, no one is perfect, but I know from all the time I spent with MT and all the tuning I was around that he can, and will find resolve with any issue related to his tuning.
Pride is something you can't take away..Stop looking else where and get him on the phone if you want to resolve it..

Old 05-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Marc Carpenter
I am not here to defend MT, as most that have been around here know that I stopped doing so late last year (my choice which is my business).
However, I know him better than most will and I can assure you that if you could get him on the phone and discuss your situation that he would definately be willing to find resolve.
Your not the first to have an issue with a tune, and you will not be the last, no one is perfect, but I know from all the time I spent with MT and all the tuning I was around that he can, and will find resolve with any issue related to his tuning.
Pride is something you can't take away..Stop looking else where and get him on the phone if you want to resolve it..
Good words.

alpike did you see the link the acadianabob's issues?

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=307437

Watch the videos and see if it matches what happens to you. I suggest you let Troyer know that as well if it does, it may help clear up the issues.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Yea, that's wat my truck is doing whenever i have any of my 3 tunes installed. when it is in stock mode, it just downshifts and gets over the grade. i have called troyer 3 or 4 times in the last month, each time they say that mike will get back to me as soon as he can. but he hasnt. dont get me wrong, the first few sets of tunes he sent me, he would follow up. we went over wat was wrong and he says that he knows exactly wat it was and that he would fix it. but then he just gave up. i guess maybe i have too

Old 05-05-2008, 06:31 PM
This thread title is bogus “Troyer Won't Help Me With My Tunes”
get real, TP is the tune maestro

Old 05-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by jpdadeo
This thread title is bogus “Troyer Won't Help Me With My Tunes”
get real, TP is the tune maestro
Then how come he still can't fix it?

Old 05-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Well MT did a great job on getting my truck running perfect so far. He's a great guy and the only thing that I wish he would have done was kept the truck a little cleaner on the outside but all is well. He spent quite a bit of time on the phone explaining things in detail. Hell I trust all of his work I even had him to install his fan kit and remove the FAL-270 kit that was on the truck. His customer service is top notch and his work speaks for itself. Hell he went out of his way to help with a porblem that I was having with Dynatech. After bringing the truck home I started getting a check engine light with the code saying the driver cat was not fowing properly. I called dynatech and they explained to me the cat was running to rich and blah blah blah. I called and told MT what was said. He told me to give him the guys name and extension. Two days later on my doorstep is a brand new cat from dynatech and a message on my answering machine from MT letting me know that it was all handled. That is customer service at it's finest. Here are a few things that I have learned when dealing with someone that needs to help you with a problem that you have.

First be polite and understanding when calling the individual. State what the problem is and ask how it can be fixed. Never have an attitude and expect someone to stop everything that they are doing.
Second understand that when someone is running a business they have a lot going on and you are not the only customer. Having a negative attitude will only get you undesirable results.
Last and foremost forums will not help but only hurt your chances of getting what you want accomplished. Hell if it were me and I see you like to run to the internet and try and bash me then have at it and make sure that someone up there helps you with your situation. Patience is your greatest asset when dealing with someone that has 100000's of people to deal with. MT told me my truck would be ready on a tuesday. I never heard from him the whole week or the next. 3 weeks later I get a call saying its ready. No problem and no need to get on the internet saying wheres my truck. I know that he's the best out there and it takes time to get things perfect the way that he does. One advantage that I do have is that I can take my truck to him 3.5 hours but worth it. I wonder if MT told you to datalog what was going on and send him the sheets. Did you do that? Or did you deal with him with the tone that you are displaying on the forum. Some people cant be helped

Old 05-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by i.ride.suzuki
Then how come he still can't fix it?
Good question since he's the tune maestro. Than again I don't want a musician doing my tunes.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by dirtyo2000
MT told me my truck would be ready on a tuesday. I never heard from him the whole week or the next. 3 weeks later I get a call saying its ready.
Odviously some people expect a lot more than you. "3 weeks later" I guess that was better than waiting 10 or so weeks for an emailed tune.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
whoa wait a sec, MT customer service isnt anything i'd call brilliant bud. you have to get past anita, to neil or someone else that physically touches the damn trucks THEN your talking to customer service. i made a simple mistake today, jumped the gun and forgot to return my old pcm to stock before trying to install tuning on my new pcm. SIMPLE mistake SIMPLE rectifcation, and would have been nice if i remembered step 1... but i forgot and called to ask what i did wrong. she said nothing that i did was incorrect and proceeded to tell me that i have to "marry the pcm"... stop there and think about that one. thats his CSR...

MT is still generally helpful IF you can get through to him. but i dont know about you guys i cant wait 3 days for a damn phone call. im not putting the guy under my shoe and rubbing his name in the dirt, but then im not putting him on some damn pedestal and praise the guy EVEN if his tunes were spot on after i figure out why im having a 5v vref issue.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:57 PM
maestro ~ a master in an art thumpe, like tuning F150's

Old 05-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by alpike
I waited for my troyer xcal 2 and 3 custom tunes for my 06 FX4 for 3 months and finally got them last september. I immediatly installed them in my truck and cut out down the highway. Anyway, when i started up any inclines at highway speed with my cruise control set, the torque converter would lock and unlock and wouldnt stop until i got goin down the hill. I called troyer and they said no problem, then they sent me more tunes. Those didnt work either, so they sent me some more. Point being, they wont return my emails or phone calls and i have had a useless product that i paid alot of money for goin on 9 months now. It's like they just gave up and dont care about making it right. All 3 tunes do the same thing and i refuse to let my truck take that kind of wear. 90% of my driving is done at highway speeds with inclines. Their solution was that i dont use cruise control and the my 305/65/18's were to blame. But when i was ordering my tunes, they said that the tire size would be just fine. Has anyone else had these kind of issues?
Guess I wont be purchasing from him. What is his website??

Old 05-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Suspended
It's www.TroyerPerformance.com.

PS: Jpdadeo, are you French?

Old 05-05-2008, 10:05 PM
?

Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I thought so but I thought I'd mess with you too.

As much as everyone wants to rip on i.ride.suzuki for being so blunt and not being a fan of Troyer. The guy knows his stuff when it comes to tuning. No not as much as Troyer or Justin but he knows quite a lot.

I completely agree that there are two sides of a story. But this isn't the first time that something like this has been posted about Troyer. Now I'm not bashing Troyer because like I said even the best tuners can make mistakes from time to time. It sucks when it happens, especially when it's you but it's bound to happen. Ford makes lemons out of the bunch but that doesn't mean you shouldn't ever buy a Ford. I got one of those lemons and have owned two other Fords after with no problems.

I'm not so sure how I would help the guy out. I don't know near as much about tuning that'd be required to fix this problem. I'll admit that right now. I don't really think Justin would be doing it for free, fixing someone else's mistake, nor would Bill, etc. I think the only person who should be rectifying the situation is the person who wrote the tunes in the first place and that'd be Troyer.
does he know as much as asinatra?

Quick Reply: Troyer Won't Help Me With My Tunes