Sorry! 1,000,000 edge question!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry! 1,000,000 edge question!

I was wondering if any of you knowledgeable edge evo people could help me caibrate my tuner to my mods?
I have an :
'04 F-150 Screw
5.4l
FX4
3.73 gears
volant intake
SI/SO flowmaster super44 w/3" pipe
33's(tires)

problems:
1.)kick shifting, i've adjusted the firmness countless times and still i get whiplash
2.)TB wore out and was replaced under warranty but imo was running to lean and i never compinsated for leanness.
3.)its somewhat of an edge question but nmon edge users have complained about the volant howling and vibrating at certain rpms, I removed my edge to and it made less howling?

any insight advice directions help is greatly appreciated, and welcomed!!!!

Old 04-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Contact bill @ www.powerhungryperformance.com im sure he can hook you up

Old 04-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by phatboyspam
I was wondering if any of you knowledgeable edge evo people could help me caibrate my tuner to my mods?
As luck would have it, I'm actually married to one of the engineers that created your Evolution.

We are minutes away from getting into the car to go to my grandmother's funeral in Missouri, but we should be back by Tuesday if you'd like to give Bill a call. I'm sure he could help you.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:31 PM
sorry to hear your going to a funeral, hope all is well.
I'm in no rush so I'll drop an email on your site and see what you guys/gals think
Thank you

Old 04-04-2008, 12:25 PM
I used to have the vibration issue with the Volant at about 2k RPM's. I thought it was the Volant so I did all sorts of things until I had to take the truck to get inspected and I rolled back the the factory computer settings and it went away.

I noticed by adjusting the WOT shift and the Shift Firmness the vibration went away. Here are my settings, hope that helps.

2004 5.4 3V
Level 2 87 octane
WOT shift: 1-2 @5300, 2-3 @5200, 3-4 @4700
Firm: 1-2 +7, 2-3 +7, 3-4 +5
Rev limit: 5500
Tires: 2522
Gears: 3.55 LS
Fuel: 1.70

Old 04-04-2008, 01:33 PM
thanks nickG, but i think we might have different enough scenarios where i shouldn't use your adjustments!
for instance, my tire wheel combo is different @ 2649, and i want less firm shifting. I might try your suggestion for the wot shift?

Last edited by phatboyspam; 04-04-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
thanks nickG, but i think we might have different enough scenarios where i shouldn't use your adjustments!
for instance, my tire wheel combo is different @ 2649, and i want less firm shifting. I might try your suggestion for the wot shift?
Here's what I used for my 2005 (and I tow a 3500# trailer). But I left it this way whether I towed or not:

1-2 WOT 5000, 2-3 WOT 5000, 3-4 WOT 4900
Max RPM 5400
WOT fuel: 1.3
Tire size: 2481 (accounts for 3% squish on 275/65-R18s)

My gear ratio is 3.73:1 LS

The rest of my truck is "stock". I don't want the tires to break loose, ever! But, I want it to pass other cars quickly when I'm on the highway. It did just that at the above settings. There was no throttle lag and the shifts were VERY quick AND smooth. No "reving' or "jerking".

I did not like the results when I adjusted shift "firmness". It felt too "clunky" to me, so I set those to 0. Lvl 2 already has a shift firmness increase added anyway.

I recently sent it off to be traded for a Gryphon with a true custom tune, since Bill felt I really didn't need the low end pull that lvl 2 gave me. It was really designed for pulling big 7-8000# trailers. The new unit is on its way here now and will arrive next week. It will be a while before I can test it though.

- Jack

Trending Topics

Old 04-06-2008, 01:42 PM
so it seems as though i need to adjust my wot shifting...I'll asdjust it til i get my reply from PHP.
thanks guys!
anything else?

Old 04-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Former Sponsor
so it seems as though i need to adjust my wot shifting...I'll asdjust it til i get my reply from PHP.
thanks guys!
anything else?
Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know that e-mails are not being avoided! We're in southern Missouri in the middle of nowhere for a funeral... off Hwy Z, to be exact. (That's just so wrong...) We're getting internet service sporadically, which has made checking e-mail impossible for Bill. He keeps getting booted. I've only made it online to check forums twice, I think, in the past few days. Correction... I've made it online many times, but I keep getting disconnected. Quite frustrating for us!

Thank you for understanding, and we'll get e-mails answered ASAP.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick
Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know that e-mails are not being avoided! We're in southern Missouri in the middle of nowhere for a funeral... off Hwy Z, to be exact. (That's just so wrong...) We're getting internet service sporadically, which has made checking e-mail impossible for Bill. He keeps getting booted. I've only made it online to check forums twice, I think, in the past few days. Correction... I've made it online many times, but I keep getting disconnected. Quite frustrating for us!

Thank you for understanding, and we'll get e-mails answered ASAP.
Personally, considering why you are where you are, I think even worrying about programmer problems is "above and beyond".

Please just take care of yourselves and your family and have a safe trip home. Nothing is more important than those you love (as I'm slowly learning from Janet).

But, thanks for keeping us in the "loop".

- Jack

Old 04-08-2008, 01:44 PM
thanks for the quick re:
but no worries take care of what needs to be taken care of.
I'll still be here!

Old 04-14-2008, 10:18 PM
I've tried to write this post carefully and unoffensively several times now and cannot forms words that will come across correctly without l.osing sincerity??

so here it goes nothing..
I see you folks at PHP are slowly getting back into the groove of things.
I just wanted to know where i stand?

Old 04-14-2008, 11:02 PM
BSL
call em up (678) 963-9913

Old 04-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by BSL
call em up (678) 963-9913
Yup! Call us up! If you see this tonight, give us a call before midnight (Bill's still at the computer rewriting some software to help a customer get back to stock). He'll be out of the office tomorrow to do some live tuning, but if you call after 7:00ish tomorrow evening, he'll be around!

And please know that I do appreciate your totally unoffensive post. From what I've seen most people on the forums are incredible, but there are a mere few who don't seem to really care about people's feelings. I'm glad we're in the vast majority.

Quick Reply: Sorry! 1,000,000 edge question!