A quick look at tuning...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 09:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Competition brings out the best in products and the worst in people. -- David Sarnoff

Old 01-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
He's not a competitor. He's just a normal guy like you and I who likes to play with his truck. I can't see how you could back up Troyer with a post like he just posted with so many false claims.
Please highlight Mike's false claims for us all to see. The only falsehood I caught was Mike got the wrong myspace page. I must have missed the rest while I was out grazing.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Grubrunner I agree with you 100%. But when you make comments like the ones made here in this post and other posts expect to have some sort of reaction from the person or persons you are making the comments about.

Last edited by dsq3973; 01-15-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by dsq3973
Grubrunner I agree with you 100%. But when you make comments like the ones made here in this post and other post expect to have some sort of reaction from the person or persons you are making the comments about.

Fair call.

Anyway...

I also want to see where Mike made these claims and where he made the "incorrect answer on purpose..."

Old 01-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Same here....

Old 01-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Suspended
Sorry, I was at school otherwise I would of been happy to help you with your quest for knowledge on this particular matter. Just as you requested, I'm going to make it easy. My comments will be in bold in the following quote.

Originally Posted by Superchips_Distributor
Once again we see the nonsense coming from Mr I Ride Suzuki's, who is apparently a 20 year old individual from New York, according to his myspace profile info. And it's fine being only 20 (of course!), but nobody at 20 years of age is even remotely any kind of tuning expert, nor does he have 1/1000th of our experience or knowledge of these vehicles or vehicles in general. Enthusiasm is fine, but it is NOT fine when you make blatantly false claims and spend time attacking us and trying to present yourself as some kind of tuning expert - which this individual is not by a long shot.

Mike was wrong about who i.ride.suzuki was not that it really matters. But he does go onto make himself look superior to i.ride.suzuki. even though he doesn't know who he is or what he does. i.ride.suzuki could be someone who works for SCT for all we know. I have never seen a false claim by i.ride.suzuki so I'd love to know why Troyer believes that. Lastly, i.ride.suzuki never stated that he was a tuning expert or anything of that nature. That's nice, call someone out that you don't even know for something they didn't even do.

He has also made a serious violation of his SCT dealer contract by posting a screen shot of that software. And just showing those category headings does NOT tell people exactly what you have control over, either - I love how this is presented as if putting up that screen shot made someone some kind of expert on what can be done - that alone shows that you are not, as anyone who actually *DOES* know that software and these vehicles would instantly know that what you posted does not tell anyone just what controls are in there - a title heading means *nothing* in that regard, as any real tuner knows all to well. Nor do you have the kind of detail in your databases that we do, by the way.

I didn't look it up but apparently this screenshot can be found on the SCT website. So? Once again i.ride.suzuki is being called out for something he didn't even do. I don't think i.ride.suzuki created this thread with the intention of this turning into this but he was just simply showing the people who wanted to know more about tuning what could be done, nothing in depth of course though. Once again he's being called out by someone who does not even know him.

You have to see and actually understand each and every one of the *thousands* of actual individual parameters and then actually KNOW which ones work and which do not, which cause problems if you alter them at all and which are safe and correctly functioning in each and every *individual vehicles strategy* (which the F-150 has hundreds of each model year alone), so they can actually be used safely - and the only way you know *that* is by a LOT of hands on experience that this individual does not even remotely have.

I'm not going to really go into depth on this paragraph since Troyer addressed an issue that wasn't even at hand. i.ride.suzuki never stated that the screenshot he posted was all there was to tuning. He didn't even say much of anything, just a picture. i.ride.suzuki never claimed to have such a large database like Troyer does.

And no, I have never told anyone that things cannot be done when they can, that's another crock. Now there *have* been plenty of times when I have told someone that something should not be done, there have also been plenty of times when I told someone that I would NOT do something, and also plenty of times I have told people that unless they have some depth of basic powertrain operational knowledge and are willing to spend a lot of time really getting to know these vehicles and tuning in general as well as that knowledge applied specifically to this platform, that they are far better off not trying to do it themselves, as this is NOT something you can just "try this and see if it works" kinda experimenting - that's an excellent way to ruin a powertrain, and anyone with any real experience tuning these vehicles would know.

This is just he-she said kind of stuff, so none of us can really comment on that.

Last edited by ThumperMX113; 01-15-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Suspended
Cont.

Originally Posted by Superchips_Distributor
Sorry, but there is no way this individual knows something that we do not with regard to either the SCT tuning software, tuning F-150's, tuning in general, or any topic related to the modification of these trucks for more performance that is safe & sustainable. Nor is he capable of doing anything to the tuning of these vehicles that we cannot, nor dose he have anywhere near the abilities that we have on these (and just about any other) car or truck. Given our 16 years of specializing in these vehicles, and 30+ years of tuning & modifying a vast range of vehicles (over 20 in EFI's), many years of professional class racing, and like everyone else on the face of the planet (other than Ford themselves) has not even begun to tune a fraction of the 7000+ 5.4 3V's alone that we have modified, there is no way this individual is really conversant on this product, let alone the topic of tuning and/or modifying F-150's. Sorry, but his experience & knowledge is not in any way comparable to ours - and I suspect he *knows* it, he's just been taking advantage of the fact that we have been ignoring his posts and thinking that he's getting somewhere, that he's impressing someone - wrong.

i.ride.suzuki once again NEVER claimed to know something that Troyer does not. I can't stress this enough. Besides we all know about your amazing stats Troyer, we don't need to have it here.

Also, it has always been a violation of the F-150 Online rules for anyone to post anything here indicating they offer or are selling or providing commercially any products for the purpose of modifying these vehicles without being a registered vendor on this site.

Whoa, whoa. Where in the world did you see that i.ride.suzuki was trying to sell something? I must be Ray Charles because I didn't see anything of that nature.

As a gentleman, I have let this individual post his nonsense attacks & insinuations on us for months without saying anything - trust me, I've seen his nonsense here long enough, and let it go as most people smart enough to see thru people like that - but enough is enough, and you will no longer post crap about us that is not true, or make claims & representations as if you were some kind of tuning expert on these vehicles, as plain and simple, you are not even remotely any kind of expert and your ethics, IMHO, stink.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by king rancher4x4
You called him out by saying you do not respect him. How can you on one hand say you don't repect him and on the other hand say SCT refers the F-150 questions to him. That alone demands respect for his ability to tune F-150's. The guy runs a business and supports this forum, I know on forums everyone has a right to say what they want, and everyone has their own opinion. I also know these forums have a lot of know it alls, that think they know more than the REAL professionals.
Sure, when someone says something i lose a ton of respect, thats just me.

But i didn't say i have no respect because he can't tune; He can tune.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:26 PM
?

My father and I run a buisness and anyone who is out there doing the same thing as we are whether this person does it for a living or for friends and family they are taking food off of my families table plain and simple. I am sorry to sound like a real a-hole buisness is way to competetive today not to look at it like this way. Especialy when you have spent the time, sweat, and blood to make your buisness what it is today.
ditto that! -phil

Old 01-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Mike can you shoot me an e-mail if possible, i am super busy at work.

i.ride.suzuki at gmail com

I also am wondering why cylinders 3 & 7 run off the opposite banks?

Old 01-15-2008, 04:58 PM
My father and I run a buisness and anyone who is out there doing the same thing as we are whether this person does it for a living or for friends and family they are taking food off of my families table plain and simple. .

Old 01-15-2008, 05:13 PM
?

Originally Posted by anaheim_drew
i had a customer the one day ask me for a discount if they were to rip out their old furnace and ac and allow me to do the install and give them a big discount for them doing MY work i replied i didn't spend alot of my time educating myself to let incompetent people do my work-i also asked him if he was going to do the service / warranty work on his units and he replied i don't know nothing about hvac,-my point exactly,there are so many hacks in my field it raises my ire to see guys do ****ty work and underbid me with their lowball bids,honestly, a customer looking for the lowest price is not the kind of customer i want,like the old saying goes-you get what ya pay for

Old 01-15-2008, 05:22 PM
Suspended
My father and I run a buisness and anyone who is out there doing the same thing as we are whether this person does it for a living or for friends and family they are taking food off of my families table plain and simple. I am sorry to sound like a real a-hole buisness is way to competetive today not to look at it like this way. Especialy when you have spent the time, sweat, and blood to make your buisness what it is today.
I bet Mike isn't going to be able to feed his family because of this thread.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Suspended
Would yall leave Mike alone so that he can finish my tunes...

Old 01-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
Would yall leave Mike alone so that he can finish my tunes...
LOL Sorry, I forgot about that. I am resiting saying what I want to say soo bad.

Quick Reply: A quick look at tuning...