what dyno to get on W/ Xcal2

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what dyno to get on W/ Xcal2

I should be receiving my xcal2 this week and wondering whats the best dyno to get on? should I go to Dyno jet or Mustang dyno? whats the difference?

or maybe I'll just wait untill MT's next dyno day

Old 01-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Matt,

Yes, you *will* be receiving it soon, as it left here today.

It really doesn't matter what type of dyno you run it on, as all we want from the dyno is to see the shape of the power curve (we don't' care what the numbers are, dynos vary) and the A/F ratios every 100 rpm.

So you can run it on a Dynojet, for example, and that is the most common type of dyno to find, generally speaking. Mustang dynos are also OK, but their software just plain stinks (though the dynos themselves work well as long as they have a fresh aramid belt installed once a month or so - it HAS to be printed out in color, and faxed over to us in color, otherwise their charts are unreadable - they also tend to not provide the tabular data as we describe in our datalogging instructions, so if you go to a Mustang dyno, make sure that you get the data in the exact format and exactly as we describe in our datalogging instructions - call us if you have any questions on that, OK? We can receive faxes in color, so if you go to a Mustang dyno, just make sure they give you everything we point out, make sure it's printed out in color, and faxed to us on a color fax machine.

Or, you can just wait and come to our Dyno Day - we have not yet confirmed the date, but we will be having our next Dyno Day in February, and if you'd like to do it that way, then we'll datalog it for you and make any adjustments free - the only cost to you is the dyno time.

Last edited by Superchips_Distributor; 01-23-2006 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:53 PM
Matt,

When did you send in your info sheets? I should be pretty close behind you.

Greenhaw

Old 01-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Thanks Mike,

that was quick reply! I think I'll just load up the 87 tune and try to make it to your dyno day i live about 250mi away from you I would much rather you tune me up you know what you're doing

Thanks again Mike

Old 01-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Matt?

Old 01-23-2006, 07:20 PM
green 1340

I sent mine in on Jan 9th.... the waits just killing me lol

Old 01-23-2006, 07:25 PM
They received mine on the 10th so I should be right behind you. I know how you feel about the wait. This may have been the longest two weeks of my life.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:52 PM
Got an email this evening from TP and the tuner shipped today. Should be here on Thursday, I'll let everybody know how it went.

Greenhaw

Old 01-23-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Green1340
Got an email this evening from TP and the tuner shipped today. Should be here on Thursday, I'll let everybody know how it went.

Greenhaw

Well Green1340,
We will both have to post on our Xcal2's I'll have mine soon since it shipped today and I live 250mi away I'm hopeing wednesday it will be the best b-day gift!!!

Old 01-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Fellows,

Our completion time on our custom tunes is only 10 business days as of right now, from the time they get their CPW's in to us with all the right info to the time we have the tuning done and are ready to ship it out the door - so people do not have to wait long at all -

Old 01-25-2006, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by Superchips_Distributor
Hi Fellows,

Our completion time on our custom tunes is only 10 business days as of right now, from the time they get their CPW's in to us with all the right info to the time we have the tuning done and are ready to ship it out the door - so people do not have to wait long at all -
OK now see... when I thought it might be 20 days I could relax. Now I'm gonna be tense with anticipation...

Old 01-26-2006, 11:03 AM
Former Sponsor
Hi Frito,

Just to be a bit more thorough on this, we count this in terms of the number of business days, not calender days, simply because we are not open 7 days a week - what we track is our internal process time, meaning, from the time we get the customer's custom program worksheets back with all the info we need, to the time we complete the tuning and are ready to ship it out the door. That's the only thing we have any control over, so that is what we track.

From the customer's point of view, to that you also add the time for it to actually travel to the customer, and that's a matter of how they have us ship it, and how far away from us they are - something we have no control over.

For example, right now, as of today, we are at 12 business days - this varies a bit, but is currently averaging 10-14 business days from the time we get the CPW's to the time we have the tuning done, just to give you a rough idea.

Just FYI..............

Old 01-26-2006, 11:40 AM
No worries Mike. I knew it was business days and I had set my expectations at a month just so I wouldn't be thinking about it all the time. And then you said 10...

See, I was the kid who used to go to sleep at 5pm on Christmas Eve so the time would pass faster. Hmm... wonder if I could sleep for 12 days...

Old 01-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Frito,

Go ahead and sleep now because when you get your tunes Mike is gonna wake your truck up. I just installed mine today and I can confer now with everybody on the website that it is all it is cracked up to be. BTW, the wife just took the boy to basketball practice... took the truck and left her Mustang GT parked in the driveway. Imagine that.

Greenhaw

Quick Reply: what dyno to get on W/ Xcal2