The truth about calibrating Spanish Oak?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jpdadeo
One more time, call Mike and talk to him you’ll be glad you did
I hear you man. I'm not ignoring you. I just hate to bother Mike because I know from researching this topic here at F150online that he is a VERY BUSY man.

Incidentally, I have spoken to Anita about my truck. I just didn't go into detail with my questions.

The price is about the same between Md and Troyer, except at Md, it includes time with my truck on the dyno. I'm completely confident they can give me a solid tune at WOT. I'm not as confident they can address part throttle issues as well as Troyer would.

Old 06-22-2005, 07:51 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Sharad,

The bottom line is the actual experience level on the platform - and that is where we excel, as we've specialized in performance tuning the F-150 longer than anyone else - 14 years.

One thing I do not have any interest in is getting into a discussion (which usually degrades into an argument or a PO'd vendor) regarding any other specific tuner - I.E., like all the "who is better" garbage - that's a waste of time, an almost invariably leads to someone saying something negative about "the other guy" - so that I will NOT waste any time on.

We are the "go-to" people for F-150's - that is what we specialize in, and we've specialized in the tuning of this platform longer than anyone else. In fact, for a good while we were the *only* people you could get a tune from for the 2004 & up F-150.

I'm not a big fan of tuning trucks on dyno's, frankly - we much prefer to tune by their actual *performance* as peak numbers are only 1 very small part of a vehicle's performance. We know what they can and cannot tolerate, and what they will and will not actually respond to in virtually any type of driving situation, and we generally do mobile tuning with all portable data acquisition when people come here to us. However, I will tell you that the last time one of our 87 octane tunes for the 5.4 3V F-150 was tested on the dyno down at SCT a couple months ago, there was a bit of surprise at the large power gains our 87 octane tune alone achieved.

The bottom line is, who you choose to go with us up to you, & best of luck whatever you decide.

Old 06-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Superchips_Distributor
I'm not a big fan of tuning trucks on dyno's, frankly - we much prefer to tune by their actual *performance* as peak numbers are only 1 very small part of a vehicle's performance. We know what they can and cannot tolerate, and what they will and will not actually respond to in virtually any type of driving situation, and we generally do mobile tuning with all portable data acquisition when people come here to us.
That's what I wanted to hear.

BTW, anybody know where Troyer's is located? I couldn't find an address on the site.

Old 06-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VA
(540) 862-9515

Last edited by jpdadeo; 06-22-2005 at 10:21 PM.

Quick Reply: The truth about calibrating Spanish Oak?