vin licked how to unlock?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vin licked how to unlock?

on my 1715 how do i unlock the vin?

Old 02-04-2005, 01:28 PM
You have to load the stock program back into the truck that you loaded the performance tune into. It will only work on 1 truck at a time. Prevents you from tuning everybodys truck for profit.

Old 02-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Exactly - The VIN-lock is only present when that tuning is already installed on a vehicle. Any time someone is using that tuning, that tuner is VIN-locked to the vehicle using it, and CANNOT be used on any other vehicle at the same time.

There are 2 ways to remove the VIN-lock - the first is to return the vehicle using the tuning back to stock, and the other is to send the unit in to the manufacturer for them to unlock it, which costs a significant fee.

Bottom line - it can be used on *ONE* vehicle at a time, and this is something you have to watch out for when buying them used - make sure it's from someone you know, or from a good member here, so you can count on them having returned their vehicle back to stock before sending the unit to the next buyer - otherwise it's VIN-locked & can't be used.

Old 02-10-2005, 01:53 PM
have mine on ebay it was put back to normal before i sold the old truck

Old 02-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
OK, then in that case your buyer won't have a problem - when you returned the trucks' tuning back to it's stock factory program, that automatically released the VIN-lock on those non-custom Micro Tuners (1714, 1715, etc.), so that they can then be used on another different vehicle - so you & your potential buyer should be all set!

Quick Reply: vin licked how to unlock?