Pictures from 5/23/2001 Sacramento Drags

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2001, 12:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Pictures from 5/23/2001 Sacramento Drags

Well here are a couple of pictures of some F150online folks at the Drags.

Lightning (don't know owners name)

NoDrive55 (Gilber's Ride)

Hopefully we can get some more F150's out there and running.

Hey Lightning owner and NoDrive55 I've got more pictures. Just email me (mjhengel@ucdavis.edu) and I'll send them to ya.

------------------

-----------------------
E.T. 15.728 @ 85.865 mph
2000 2W F150 (Flareside Black ExCab) 5.4L (3.55LS) with K&N FIPK,Crazyabout150's JetChip *thanks*,Custom phenolic TB spacer, Flowmaster Delta 40, Twin dual 3" pipes out the back, BioLight Xenon Lamps (cool blue), Blazer 55W projector fog lamps, Clear Corners and Stock Ford Sport 17" Rims. Check out the site for spacers that I'm making and other install pictures. http://communities.msn.com/EnvironmentalDamageInc

Old 05-25-2001, 01:18 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That's a nice-looking F-150 that NoDrive has there, those wheels look good.

I got a kick out of seeing his tailgate down his first time at the drag strip, most people don't think about things like that for awhile, good for NoDrive!

Good shots, 5150!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 05-25-2001, 01:29 PM
Cool

Thanks Mike, I had fun just snapping shots, but not as much fun as RACING!

NoDrive55's ride is Great Looking! Very clean and those rims and tires really look good.

Mike, I don't know if you know this, but running with the tail gate down is worse than running with it up. It has to do with attached and detached air flows around the truck (I know more science talk from the F150Online resident science geek). You would think the gate down lowers the resistance, but it doesn't. As the air comes over the top of the cab, the flow becomes detached and turbulent (turbulence = resistance). With the gate up the air flow stays attached a little better. Of course a bedcover is the best way to improve the flow. As can be scene by milage increases with tonnoue (sp?) covers and such.

This was proven by some engineering folks and I can't remember the website address. I'll post here when I find it, but it was very interesting reading. Anyway FYI!

Old 05-25-2001, 04:23 PM
Unhappy

I have to make a correction. I found that webpage on aerodynamics of tailgate and bed covers.

The gate down is better than no gate, and slightly better than gate up.

Sorry about that everybody! It's been a while since I read that webpage. Should have checked it out first (I know better than that) :0 . Again sorry about the confusion (snifted to muck solvent and pesticides today).

Here's the page.
http://mars.acnet.wnec.edu/~ehaffner/did.htm

Quick Reply: Pictures from 5/23/2001 Sacramento Drags