Nice talkin to ya Mike!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2001, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Nice talkin to ya Mike!

Mike,

I was on the phone with my mom (she called to tell me to take something ), as I am home sick from school today with a sinus type sickness (stuffy nose, itchy eyes, bad time for school). And the phone goes "beep" and I hear "Call from: PERFORMANCE". I was wondering who that was, so I hit flash, and its you! Anyways, Im glad we confirmed this. Im soo anxious to get this in and installed, so I can prove to my dad it was worth it. Hes paying half and im paying half, so it all works out.

Once it arrives, if I have any problems I wont hesitate to call you, at all.

BTW, I read the article on installation, it says use a small screw driver, like from a Jeweler, would it be okay to use a razor blade?

Fast

------------------
Former fast46triton
2001 Ford F150 XLT Supercab, Silver two-tone with deep wedgewood blue on bottom, 5.4l Triton V8, SUPERCHIPPED! 3:55 LS Gears

Upcoming mods!
1) FIPK

[This message has been edited by fast54triton (edited 05-11-2001).]

Old 05-11-2001, 01:08 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Talking

I'm nice. I think it would be fun to read his 'politically correct' install instructions.

I bet he couldn't walk the first one thru an install without getting banned from the site.

Old 05-11-2001, 01:20 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Fast,

Well, you can use just about any implement & technique you feel comfortable with to clean the coating off. I don't know if a razor would really be a good implement though, as you're not going to be slicing or cutting anything, but I suppose that could work well if it was used carefully to "shave" that coating off of the contacts OK, that just wouldn't be my first preference, is all. Some guys have used things like Xacto (sp?) knives, etc., so you can use whatever you feel comfortable with, actually. We like using a very small straight-blade screwdriver to lightly scrape & "shave" that coating off the contacts, and we've been doing it that way for so long that it's just second nature, it works well, so we stick with it. The reality is that anything you do to remove that coating wihtout damaging teh contacts will be just fine.

You will see all of that explained in great detail once it arrives, and you start reading our additional Performance Products documentation, and it will be easy for you to decide waht to use or try to use at that point.

I enjoyed speaking with you on the phone as well, it was nice to be able to talk to you after all this time and thousands of your posts here.

We hope you get to feeling better very quickly & have a good weekend, Fast.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 05-11-2001, 01:22 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Raoul,

I gotta hand it to you, that's another first! I've never heard of a suppository salesman before, nor do I think I'd be willing to get into the technical end of all that.

As always, thanks for the laughs!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 05-11-2001, 01:40 PM
Mike,

Thanks, its just a little, quick bug I had. I was waiting to say "Hes not Fast, I am "

If you would have talked to my dad, he would have been like "Who the hell is that?"

Also good I was home today, or else I wouldnt have gotten your call. Again, much appreciated, your call and email.

Fast

------------------
Former fast46triton
2001 Ford F150 XLT Supercab, Silver two-tone with deep wedgewood blue on bottom, 5.4l Triton V8, SUPERCHIPPED! 3:55 LS Gears

Upcoming mods!
1) FIPK

Old 05-12-2001, 12:53 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs up

Hang in there, Mike!

(It could be worse. You could sell suppositories for a living)

Old 05-12-2001, 12:56 AM
Raoul,

Be nice!

Quick Reply: Nice talkin to ya Mike!