Diablo Sport Performance Chip

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2001, 10:09 AM
CAK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Diablo Sport Performance Chip

I have found your message board very helpful and have corresponded with Mike Troyer regarding his Super Chip.

A friend of mine who pulls a large 5th wheel purchased a chip from Speedway Trail (Eckhart RV) for his F-350 diesel. He is extremely pleased with the results. I have contacted Speedway Trail and they have a chip for my F-150 5.4 engine. It is more expensive than the Super chip, but it gives similar horespower and torque gains as the super chip. Advantage is it uses regular 87 gasoline. Does anyone have any experience with the Diablo Sport Chip?

Old 05-02-2001, 03:38 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi CAK,

Sounds like you might have either misunderstood what they said, or someone is blowing smoke at you, as this is never going to happen.

You are not going to get any significant power gains by using 87 octane with any chip, it simply cannot be done. If it could be, we'd have done it *long* ago, and so would the automakers themselves, for that matter.

When we do custom Flip Chips with a 87 & 92 octane programs in them, which allowsa you to select which program you're running on by flipping the attached switch, on the 87 octane side, the power gain is small, maybe 5 horsepower at best. Nobody else is going to get any more power from them on 87 octane either, it can't be done.

The only way you are going to significantly increase power via powertrain programming (a performance chip, in other words) is by re-tuning the engine specifically for the use of premium gasoline, period.

If it were possible to add any significant among of power by reprogramming the powertrain and still run on regular gas 87 octane, we'd be millionaires and selling 1000 of them every single day. It cannot be done, and that is why it's not done by the automakers or by Superchips, the people who invented this entire industry.

If you'd like to go over this in more detail, please feel free to give us a call, we'll be more than happy to go over this with you.

Best of luck with your truck,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 05-02-2001, 10:49 PM
I do, I tried them both, and without question, Superchip has much better transmission feel. It was a noticable difference from the Diablochip.

------------------
2001 F-150 XLT S-CAB 4.6 "Fully equipt, and Superchip'd!"
96 Taurus GL
93 Kenne-Bell Supercharged Mustang
"Injection is nice, but I perfer being blown!"

www.kenne-bell.com/owners.asp
http://www.corral.net/cgi-bin/member...p00000403&p&p0

86 Kawasaki ZG 1000 A-1 Concours

Old 05-04-2001, 12:17 AM
CAK, you might check https://www.f150online.com/f150board...ML/001763.html for other info/opinion.

------------------
2001 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
2000 Suburban LT 4x4
2000 Honda RC51
1999 Mustang GT Convertible

Quick Reply: Diablo Sport Performance Chip