getting new 2001 5.4......is this chip any good????

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2001, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post getting new 2001 5.4......is this chip any good????

I HAVE NEVER HAD A SO CALLED...SUPERCHIP BEFORE AND WONDERING IF IT IS WORTH THE 300.00 DOLLARS TO HAVE IT INSTALLED AND WILL IT CAUSE ANY FUTURE PROBLEMS MORE SO IF I DID NOT PUT IT IN????????????

Old 04-25-2001, 10:05 PM
Smile

Wether the Superchip is worth it or not depends what one expects it to do. I installed a Superchip in my '98 F150 about a month ago. I think its worth it. It dosn't make any huge difference like say a blower or something like that would. Its subtle. My truck has the 4.6 with a 5-speed. It was really good before the chip. With the chip though I have better acceleration, the power curve seems to have broadened, and when the rpm's are up there the thing begs for more.
From what I've read here on the boards many people feel the Superchip is well worth the money. I also believe that.
As far as long term effects, some one else would have to comment on that. I have confidence in the Superchip. I don't believe it will cause any harm to my F150.

Tom.

Old 04-26-2001, 09:00 AM
Definitely worth the money -- added HP/Torque makes it worth it alone. However, if you have an Auto, the change in shift characteristics is extremely noticible and only improves the experience of an already great package. I do agree with Wittom in that this will not turn your truck into a Lightning, but it will offer a noticible increase in performance (and, thus, enjoyment).

Good luck

Old 04-26-2001, 11:54 AM
Smile

Hi.

Same song, second verse!

You will even get better results with slight modifications to your exhaust and air intake system. Just those two things along with adding the superchip (or any chip for that matter) will make your driving experience that much more enjoyable. And if you can keep your foot out of it often enough, you will even notice improved gas mileage performance. Well worth the dough!

Have fun

Forrest

P.S. The superchip is not hard at all to install. You will be surprised!

Old 04-27-2001, 12:13 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Stoney,

As you can see from the responses, the Superchip is well worth the money. It's generally considered to be the best "bang-for-the-buck" mod for these vehicles, and will not cause any harm to your vehicle. There are many Superchip owners with 100,000 miles, 150,000 miles, and much more on their vehicles with the Superchip.

One thing I wanted to point out, just in case you might not be aware, is that you don't have to spend $300 to get it, it is available right here from us in our online ordering system here for much less for the F-150 (see the link to that ordering system just below this message in our signature line, & that will give you the price with our F-150 Online discount), and you can install it yourself in about 30-40 minutes, some people take a little longer, but it's an easy installation overall. We write a lot of additional documentation that we include with every Superchip we ship, much more highly detailed than even the manufacturer's instructions, so that just about anyone who can read directions can install the Superchip with those instructions. They are written to take a first-time installer thru this with no surprises.

If you prefer to have someone else install it for you, that's perfectly fine too, by all means, do whatever makes you feel most comfortable! I just wanted to let you know that it's easy enough to install that 98% of our customers install it themselves.

If you would like to go over any of the details, ask more questions, etc., please feel free to give us a call at our number listed below, or shoot us an email.

Best of luck with your new truck & we hope you'll hang out here with us on F-150 Online when youy have the time!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 04-26-2001).]

Old 04-27-2001, 02:33 AM
Stoney,

I installed a Super Chip in my 2001 and have nothing to say but good things about it. Better performance, and if you tow anything you will appreciate it even more as I do.
I think you will like the performance gains you get for no more than what you pay for it...Take care

------------------
ecm747x

2001 SUPER CREW XLT, BRIGHT RED
5.4L Triton, automatic 3.55 gears limited slip
tow package
16" tires
side steps
bed extender
ford/duraliner bed liner
60/40 seats
6cd changer
moonroof
sliding rear window

Soon to come Mods...

Adding. Installing different exhaust, not sure which yet. Front grill guard. With light kit

MODS....
1) Lund x-terminator bug shield
2) Super Chip>>>>Well Worth the Money
3) Airforce One F.I.P.K.

Old 04-27-2001, 02:35 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi ECM,

Haven't "seen" you in awhile, hope everything is going well for you!

Keep in touch & good luck,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 05-01-2001, 12:23 AM
Hiya Mike,

Yeah everythig is going real well, almost scarry. Got Married in March and have been doing a lot of home projects. When I get on F150 online is usually at night and it has been rather busy here in Indy with all the added flights. Also we are starting to haul the mail in August so we will really be busy then.
Hope all is well with you and your family and thinking about heading to the N.C ford deal this summer but may do it on my motorcycle. Have any info on it?Take care and see you on the boards!...Eric

Quick Reply: getting new 2001 5.4......is this chip any good????