need your 1/4 mile time chipped or no chip.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2001, 12:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post need your 1/4 mile time chipped or no chip.

hey guys, before i race with my friend this coming friday at the track, i need to get an idea what our trucks run 1/4 mile with a chip in it. please, i need your help. thanks in advance.

------------------
2000 EXPEDITION 4.6 3.31 Rear, AIRAID Fipk with Poweraid Spacer, UltraFlow muffler, 82 mm Mass Air Flow Sensor housing w/ stock sensor, 6.8 inch TV with tuner/VCP, Full alarm and Auto-Start, Daytime Running Lights

New Addition:

2001 F150 SUPERCAB 5.4L 3.55 LS, Airaid FIPK, 82 mm MAF sensor billet aluminum housing w/ stock sensor, Full alarm and auto-start, 50 series 3 chamber 3inch in/out Deltaflow Flowmaster
Swept Side style, Beltech 2 inch rear shackles, SUPERCHIP, billet grille, Lariat wheels and tires (275/60/17), Billet antenna by TRENDZ.

COMING SOON:
pulleys, remove cats, 2 inch drop all around.

Old 03-26-2001, 02:29 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Newbie46,

1/4 mile times & performance vary quite a bit in these vehicles, with all the variations in powertrains, weight & gearing. Some of them are lucky to run 18 second 1/4 miles, and then the lightest 5.4 2WD shortcabs can run deep into the 15's bone-stock, and of course everything in between. I think you had already been to the track if my memory serves me, so you know what you're truck is running, right?

If I don't understand you correctly, please post your question again, to see if you can get a better or more applicable response.

Are you looking for representative times for other vehicles similar to your 2001 F-150 Super Cab? If so, you'll want to include all your options that will affect weight (2WD, 4WD, Offroad package, etc.) & gearing, so others can post comparable times if they have an F-150 of the same configuration.

Good luck at the track this weekend,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 03-26-2001, 03:30 PM
I ran a 16 flat in my 99 Supercab 2wd with all options listed below except the exhaust and I think it was 83 mph. I ran a 13.3 in my oo L which was much more fun. Good luck and have fun

------------------
OO L Black, Superchip R9, Airaid FIPK and Tonneau cover1999 F-150 Lariat SC 2 WD, White/Silver, 5.4L, 3.55LS, K & N FIPK, Superchip, underdrive pulley set, Flowmaster dual chamber one in and duels out, six disc CD changer, towing package and captain chairs

Old 03-26-2001, 08:14 PM
hey Mike T, actually, co-workers do not think I can beat my friends 15.53(Chevy). So I am just trying to get an idea of what is everybody else is getting on the 1/4 mile. if it seems definitely not possible, so why even try until i get my 4.10 gears.otherwise, i'll try again if it's even close. thanks in advance.

------------------
2000 EXPEDITION 4.6 3.31 Rear, AIRAID Fipk with Poweraid Spacer, UltraFlow muffler, 82 mm Mass Air Flow Sensor housing w/ stock sensor, 6.8 inch TV with tuner/VCP, Full alarm and Auto-Start, Daytime Running Lights

New Addition:

2001 F150 SUPERCAB 5.4L 3.55 LS, Airaid FIPK, 82 mm MAF sensor billet aluminum housing w/ stock sensor, Full alarm and auto-start, 50 series 3 chamber 3inch in/out Deltaflow Flowmaster
Swept Side style, Beltech 2 inch rear shackles, SUPERCHIP, billet grille, Lariat wheels and tires (275/60/17), Billet antenna by TRENDZ.

COMING SOON:

Old 03-26-2001, 10:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i would give it a try? i raced a new extended cab 5.3 chevy this weekend. some kid pulled up next to me and started reving it up so i thought what the heII. we took of and i actually started pulling him to the tune of 1 car length at 50. at about 75, here he comes i let of at 80 and he was at my door. i really thought he would beat me. my truck is bone stock L/D F250 5.4 WITH 3.73'S.
i think it would be a close race and if he beats you it will not be by much.
P.S. to all the idiots who say you should have got a mustang if you wanted to race, the smile on my face was priceless!

Old 03-30-2001, 10:39 AM
I have a GTech pro, and with the chip,
I am getting low 17's on my 1/4 mile.
I get low 8's on 0-60mph.

I never tried it stock, so I cant really tell ya. But what I can say is that I have a
2000 F150xlt 4x4 supercab Sport.
3600lbs if I can recall corectly.
This will have an impact on your times.

Hope this helps..

Cheers!

------------------
2000 F150 XLT 4x4 Sport
5.4L ORP s/c
Power everything
Ravin Z33 3" SI/SO Performance exhaust
Airforce One FIPK
Superchip (ATC2)
Tinted windows (llumar film 5%)
G-Tech Pro
Vent Visors
Bug Deflector
Ford Duraliner
Ford Shoulder Pads
Pant savers
Ford Duraliner
Krown Rust proofed

Wish List: Headers, pulleys, TB spacers, E-Ram, Brush Guard, Roll Bars,
4" Body Lift, 3" Suspension Lift, 35" SuperSwampers.

Old 03-31-2001, 02:49 AM
well, thanks for the post. I am currently getting about 15.53 or less (unscientifically and unofficial) on the 1/4 mile. i can now say that i can outrun my friends 2000 Cheevie w/ 5.3 and he cannot catch up(he officially ran 15.53 on the 1/4 mile @ 1150 elevation). For some reason, after about 500+ miles after resetting my computer(w/ Superchip), It felt like I gained even more perceived horsepower or torque. probably it takes this long for the chip to fully "learn". Anyway, i am currently after running below 15.5's so I am planning on getting 4.10 gears, race cam, headers, etc. although I only have 2500 miles on my truck, I am going forward with this plan. Anyway, please keep posting 1/4 mile times as this might benefit us all. By the way, my friend with the bowtie, he just spent 200 dollars on under-drive pulleys and he ran his truck tonight at Firebird raceway and got 15.63( 1/10th slower than previous). So I guess I am not buying pulleys for that matter. I am currently working on using the front half of the stock airbox housing in making a Cold Air Induction out of my Airaid. I am going to enlarge the hole in the fender to accomodate this mod. I will post later if this will improve my times at all. Thanks in advance to all who will post.

------------------

New Addition:

COMING SOON:

Trending Topics

Old 04-01-2001, 05:45 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Newbie46,

Glad to hear you're running quicker! And you are right, your vehicle will continue to get a bit stronger with the Superchip as you accumulate the first 350 to as much as 1000 or so miles after installing it, so that's not unusual what you're experiencing.

Just one quick comment if I may, one thing you can't do accurately with regards to determining just what a given modification has done for your performance, is to compare 1/4 mile times run on different days, even at the same track, as you will never have the exact same conditions on different days. Those underdrive pulleys do in fact work to reduce the parasitic drag losses caused by having to drive the accessories, so they are always going to do their job. On average, a good 2-piece set will get you 7-8 more hp to the rear wheels, and a good 3-piece set will get you 11-12 hp to the rear wheels. See, in this case, you don't know what that gentleman would have run that same day *without* those pulleys, you just know that he ran a little bit slower than he did at his last track outing, which is exactly why you can't make an accurate direct comparison like that. You can have up to an easy half a second (.500, or 5 tenth's of a second) difference in the performance of a vehicle just from differences in weather, and it doesn't take much of a rise in temperature or humidity to slow a vehicle down. Heck, they'll sometimes even slow down on the same day if the heat rises, as in most places in this country the hottest time of day is usually around 3 pm.

So when you want to make an accurate *direct* comparison, you need to do the runs on the same day, within about 30 minutes of each other preferably. Now of course a set of underdrive pulleys is not convenient to install & remove and install again to do a back-to-back controlled format of 3 runs (stock, the modified, then stock again) to showe you exactly what they're really doing, but that is what would have to be done to make the most accurate type of comparison between any modifications, whether it's a K&N air filter, the Superchip, exhaust changes, pulleys, or what have you, etc.

My point is simply that there are some types of modifications that you *know* are *always* going to produce more power at the rear wheels, and underdrive pulleys is one of them. Your friend in that other car who ran a slower time would most likely have run 1 to 2 tenths slower that same day had he not had them installed, all else being equal.

As a matter of fact, we have a drag racing tips sheet that we send out to all Lightning Superchip owners, that goes over the type of format to use if you ever want to do direct back-to-back comparisons, along with some basics about staging consistently to aid accuracy in getting directly comparable results. If you'd like to have a copy, just shoot us an email & we'll be happy to send you one out. It's too basic for seasoned drag racing veterans, but it's great for those who are relatively new and/or who may never have tried to do these types of comparisons before.

Thanks for your post Newbie, & continued good luck with your performance!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 04-01-2001).]

Old 04-02-2001, 05:55 AM
As always, we can count on Mike T to steer us the right way. Thanks Mike. Monday, I am going to replace my 82 mm MAF housing with the stock one and do the mod to open up the fender hole to 6 inches and will post results under a new subject.

------------------

New Addition:

COMING SOON:

Quick Reply: need your 1/4 mile time chipped or no chip.