Another satisfy customer

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2001, 01:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Another satisfy customer

I installed my superchip around week ago.I to notice a quicker reponse when i gave it the gas even though i still had around 1/4 tank of 87 octane in top off 93 octane still more reponsive than before. Yes I notice more noticeable shifting lot strong shifting.My gas mileage seem better too.

NEXT MODS:
probably be Airaid FIPK or K&N only thing that bother me is that it sucking hot air from the engine compartment.

New Exhaust system

------------------
98 F-150 4.6L Triton,XLT,Auto, Cab,3:55,Factory alarm,Fabtech 3 1/2 liftkit,rancho 9000,
285/75/16 Tires,Tow packages,limited slip diff,Drop in K&N filter,
Rancho 9000 shocks, Alpine cass,Alpine 12 cd changer

Old 01-20-2001, 01:50 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi hmiz,

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

I did just want to comment briefly on the issue of the underhood air and the effects when you use either of the airbox elimination kits. The fact that they do not use air from the fender inlet does not negate their effectiveness, as it is the reduction in *restriction* in the air intake tract overall that achieves the solid power gains they offer. Your 4.6 will gain a solid 12 hp from either the Airaid or the K&N FIPK kit.

Also, once the vehicle is moving, there isn't a big difference in the underhood air temps, that's primarily when you're idling in hot summer traffic, and once you get moving, those underhood temps usually drop to not much over 20-30 degrees hotter in the area of air intake, from what others have posted who have actually measured those temps. I wouldn't hesitate to use them, we do too, and they work very well.

Good luck, & thanks for your post!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 01-21-2001, 12:19 AM
Hi hmiz,
I get my chip wednsday. gibson exaust by friday. for the air intake I'm going to try and get by with the modification I did to the air box and a k&n filter. What I did was cut the bottom off of the plastic cone that protects the filter. It's like drilling holes in the tops of dirt bike air boxes. probably not as good as an after market system but it increases intake to go with the increased exaust flow.
Maybe if I get a couple extra bucks I'll get the Air Force 1. Roger at the online store has these.
Just a suggestion

------------------
'98 F150 xlt 4.6 auto
4x2
moonlight blue metallic
snug top shell
k&n filter/ modified air box.
alarm and
A BIG DOG - Rosco - Akita
bugflector/rain guards

superchip, AIR FORCE 1 and exaust soon
one day....lift kit and posi and tires
15 city -16.5 hiway mpg
ATV's
'86 Suzuki Quadracer 250
pipe/ported/JP racing swingarm/works shocks/powder coated/NICE
'85 Yamaha Tri-Z 250 3 wheeler - pipe/ported
'83 Yamaha Tri-moto 200 for the wife
'97 Yamaha YZinger 80 for the 7 year old

Old 01-21-2001, 08:20 PM
Accordind to Jim Bell of Kenne Bell, a general rule of thumb is that for every 10 degrees of air temperature (cooler or hotter),there is a corresponding 1 percent of horespower increase or decrease.
Example ,they installed a 4x6 cone filter on a 2000 Lightning, on the dyno with the hood open and a fan running in front of the truck, they achieved a 8 hp gain. When they closed the hood the increase was only 4hp over the sealed stock system.
Another example, is a year ago they ran the lightning down a 1/4 mile track, it ran a 13.78 quarter mile time. That day was a chilly 12 degrees,under warmer conditions, the same track a few months latter, the 90 degree heat didn't allow the lightning to muster anything faster than a 14.30
Just some info to the subject.

------------------
1999 Ford F-150 xlt .supercab, 4x4 sport pkg. 4.6 Triton, Black with grey int,A.R.E. Lid, ford bug deflector,Q-Forms,eclipes head unit,and speakers,kicker solo's for subs,1000 watt amp. Flow master 70 series, K&N drop in,jet chip .will be geting a superchip.

Quick Reply: Another satisfy customer