Victories and Defeats (for Neal) Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2000, 09:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... SLICK X : COOL!!! Hopefully next year my 5.4 will have one of those on top.lol!

------------------
NEAL [ the horsepower freak ] NEWMAN
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, ***** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, 3 AUTOMETER guage pods, filled with tranny temp, engine temp, and oil preasure AUTOMETER "PHANTOM" guages,custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP, modified POWERAID spacer, BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit (on stage 5 setting)BYPASS CLUTCH CONTROL VALVE/PREASURE REGULATOR VALVE, ASP POWER PULLEYS, custom tig welded and ported JBA "JET BLACK coated headers, twin DERALE 16 INCH ELECTRIC FANS, PERMA COOL 14"/10" tranny cooler with 10" electric fan. FUTURE MODS : FORD SVT 24LB INJECTORS, BBK 75MM THROTTLE BODY, AADI F1 RAM AIR HOOD, traction bars, and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA supercharger.
ESTIMATED H.P TO DATE : 345H.P / 425ft/lbs of torque.

OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w stroked to 408c.i 625H.P (natural), 875H.P with 250H.P "BIG SHOT" N.O.S kit, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 15.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, CENTERLINE CON-VO PRO rims, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon RCI fuel cell,etc

Old 07-31-2000, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Thanks Mike, it is unfortunite that here in Minn. we get a lot of discount to buy the offroad package ($5900.) or about the same as buying a plain XLT. I had to take the truck with 3.55 gears also, the other one with 3.75's had the 7700# gvw. That was to much for me.Would'nt a Z71 be the same wieght or at least close?

I was hoping to hear from some one who started out piece by piece on the mods, so I can decide how to allocate the funds.I think a chip and velocity tube would be a good start?
Well keep the chevys at bay,Benny

Old 08-01-2000, 09:56 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks Mike, the info will help. I will order my chip some time in the next two weeks. Got to work some over time to pay for it, and I will be gone to Canada for a week on the 8th. Thanks, Benny

Old 08-02-2000, 12:23 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Benny,

Yes, the Z-71 package is GM's Offroad package, and yes, it does add weight, you're quite right! However, they can also come with 4.10 gears from the factory, and option that is not available on the 1997 & newer F-150.

Just to give you an idea of what we see on the dyno, the top 3 bang-for-the-buck mods (defined as amount of power gained per dollar spent) on these F-150's are: 1.) Optimize powertrain programming with the Superchip, 28 hp & 46 lbs./ft. of torque on the 5.4. 2.) Reduce restriction on the intake side using an airbox elimination kit, like K&N's FIPK kit or the Airaid brand of kit, 14 hp on the 5.4. 3.) Reduce restriction on the exhaust side, using a good name-brand cat-back exhaust system, 12-14 hp on the 5.4.

There are also other worthwhile mods, like installing a set of underdrive pulleys, headers, etc. The nice thing is you can do them in any order you like, whatever suits you best.

If your patience level allows, we generally suggest doing one mod at a time, and waiting say a month or so before doing your next change, just so you can get a good feel for what each change did in many different driving situations, but this is of course up to each vehicle owner.

I hope that info helps, & good luck with your truck!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Info:https://www.f150online.com/rally2000/index.html

Old 08-02-2000, 01:17 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Benny,

Anytime, & have a good trip to Canada!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Info:https://www.f150online.com/rally2000/index.html

Old 08-02-2000, 01:17 PM
Former Sponsor
Sorry for the double-post, oops!

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 08-02-2000).]

Old 08-02-2000, 02:01 PM
If I may be allowed to post a 'kill'....

Last night I came up on a Nissan Altima in the left lane of a 4-lane divided highway running up thought a canyon (Peasley Canyon - Highway 18). The road is quite steep and is one of my favorite uphill runs - overdrive off, pedal down.

Well, the Nissan had me blocked in by driving side-by-side with another car and slowed down from 70mph to about 58mph as the other car slowed down right alongside it. I waited patiently until an opening presented itself - then hammered down and pulled into the right lane. Wouldn't you know it - the Altima driver wanted to keep me behind him - NOT!

I'm afraid the little Nissan just didn't have the power to accelerate very well going up the hill - even with a 'fart-tip' exhaust. By the time I crested the hill I was hitting 98mph and he was a good 5 - 7 truck lengths behind me. I backed off when I started to run out of road - but he continued on in an attempt to cut me off before the off-ramp - NOT!

As we pulled onto I-5 he tried again - NOT! After about a 1/4 mile it was all over except for the bragging rights...

When will they ever learn?

Tom in Tacoma

------------------
1998 F150 XLT S/C 4.6L Auto, 3.55LS, 4X2, Moonlight Blue, all the factory bells & whistles except for leather seats.
  • Lund Deflector
  • Lund Premier Tonneau Cover
  • K&N Filter
  • Body-color painted Throttle Cover
  • Blue wire-looms
  • Pentaliner S/R
  • Window tint
  • Ford side-steps
  • Infiniti component speakers - front
  • Polk Audio speakers - back
  • Superchip (OH YEAH!!)
  • Flowmaster 50 Series 'Delta-Flow' w/ 3" pipe
  • Clear turn signal lenses
  • Ultra Type 50 16x8" Rims
  • Wild Country APT 255/70-16's

Tom in Tacoma

(Washington not Toyota)
Go check out http://communities.msn.com/SS97FordsPics for the second best website for F150's

Old 08-06-2000, 02:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... Well guys I had a very interesting race on FRIDAY morning. I was on my way to the job site I was working at with my truck. I was running a bit late so I was kinda speeding and weaving in and out of traffic.lol! It was about 7:45A.M in the morning. I noticed that there was a black CADALIAC coming up through traffic behind me at a good rate of speed. Well I got up to a red light and stopped. Then I noticed that the CADALIAC pulled up next to me on my right. It was a "98-99" BLACK, CADALIAC STS with the 300H.P? NORTHSTAR V-8. Well the light turned green and I left normal. My back tires spun a bit on the wide white painted line, and chirped when it hit the cement. Well the guy in the STS must of thought I was racing or something! All of a sudden I heard is engine roar! So I dropped it into 1st gear and we were off! I immediatly took him by 1-1/2 truck lengths in 1st gear. I chirped into 2nd gear and he was still coming! By the top of 2nd gear he was about a truck length behind me. I hit 3rd gear and he gave up. When we got up to the next red light, he got next to me again. I rolled down my passenger window and he also opened his drivers window. I yelled over to him "WELL THAT WOKE ME UP THIS MORNING!" He replied by saying "I CAN'T BELEIVE THAT PICK-UP TRUCK GOES THAT FAST!" I told him if you think I'm fast then don't try to race any trucks that look like this and have the words "LIGHTNING SVT" on it! Well another "SHOVIE" victim!LOL!

------------------
NEAL [ the horsepower freak ] NEWMAN
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, ***** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, 3 AUTOMETER guage pods, filled with tranny temp, engine temp, and oil preasure AUTOMETER "PHANTOM" guages,custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP, modified POWERAID spacer, BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit (on stage 5 setting)BYPASS CLUTCH CONTROL VALVE/PREASURE REGULATOR VALVE, ASP POWER PULLEYS, custom tig welded and ported JBA "JET BLACK coated headers, twin DERALE 16 INCH ELECTRIC FANS, PERMA COOL 14"/10" tranny cooler with 10" electric fan. FUTURE MODS : FORD SVT 24LB INJECTORS, BBK 75MM THROTTLE BODY, AADI F1 RAM AIR HOOD, traction bars, and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA supercharger.
ESTIMATED H.P TO DATE : 345H.P / 425ft/lbs of torque.

OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w stroked to 408c.i 625H.P (natural), 875H.P with 250H.P "BIG SHOT" N.O.S kit, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 15.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, CENTERLINE CON-VO PRO rims, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon RCI fuel cell,etc

Old 08-07-2000, 10:16 AM
Your a bad man.

Old 08-07-2000, 01:02 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Dunbarton,

Time to start a new one. This one is already too long.

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

------------------
00 F-150 XLT SC Flairside 4x4 4.6 w/5spd 3.55LSD
Warn XD9000i, skid plates, Draw tite class III,
Rancho RSX Reflex shocks,
Borla Cat Back
Modified Air Cleaner Outlet Tube
and air box, Shortened MAF sensor tower,
K&N air filter,
Superchips

[This message has been edited by JMC (edited 08-07-2000).]