New chip affect on warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2000, 12:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New chip affect on warranty

What does the install of the Superchip have on your warranty?

Was told by Ford that a chip was to blame for the death of a friends automatic tranny....T or F????

Old 02-26-2000, 10:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The superchip has no affect on your warranty. I am sure Mike will be along shortly to post the specifics.

I am interested to find out more about your friends tranny though! I am considering buying a chip for my truck.

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT, 4x2, 5.4L Supercab, Styleside, Black with silver two-tone, 3.55, class III towing package with heavy duty cooling package, 4 wheel disk ABS, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, dark graphite interior, in dash CD, Pendaliner bedliner, K&N air filter, rubberized undercoating, cabin filtration system, Bugflector II, 5W-30 Mobil 1, engine build 10/4/99

Old 02-26-2000, 10:32 AM
Black 98,

False. The superchip actually makes your tranny last longer by reducing slippage.

Old 02-26-2000, 02:57 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear Black 98,

Of course I wasn't there to observe this situation, so I can't tell you what happened, nor will I speculate on what *might* have happened.

But what I can tell you is that the Superchip does not and will not void your new vehicle warranty, nor will it cause any damage to the transmission, and in fact you are protected by the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. This is mentioned now on a card that comes with the Superchip, with instructions on what to do if you have a problem. We've discussed this here many times in detail, so I won't repeat all that again. If you have any specific questions or would like to know more, please feel free to give us a call and we'll be happy to go over all of this with you in detail.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Online Superchip ordering system:https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

Old 02-27-2000, 01:21 PM
The guy I know that had this problem said that he was loosing power on the top end. We (a couple of other people who know him)told him that he had a problem with his trans. He desided to get the chip. Obviously he noticed more top end and told us "told you so". Well after about a month his torque comverter went out. So of course we said "told you so". When he took it in to Ford they pulled his chip and told him that the chip was the cause of the death of his torque converter.

Personally I think the guy is a dumb ***, I just happen to know him from another friend. He actually got the NAPA store where he got it to take it back. They ate it. Thats that story!

Black 98

Quick Reply: New chip affect on warranty