Diablo sport or superchip

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diablo sport or superchip

Is there anyone who has tried both and can give me any pros/cons for each? I was going to get a superchip today but my buddy who owns a local preformance shop says he now likes the Diablo chip better but I am looking for others opinions who have run them in the ford trucks. My truck is a 1998 f150 supercab 4.6L 4X4 auto.

thanks
Steve

Old 03-29-2003, 03:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been content with my Superchip from Mike T.

Old 03-29-2003, 04:18 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi StirCrazy,

We have carried and used both brands, and Superchips is the superior product, they have much more direct R&D into this platform. Superchips invented the performance chip and this entire industry, basically, about 20 years ago, where Diablo just got started making chips 2-3 years ago.

Diablo is certainly a better chip that something like a Jet or a Hypertech, as it does tune most vehicle by their computer code and they do make some part-throttle improvements, but none of them are emissions approved as the Superchip is, and they don't have any safe power or performance advantage, etc.

Diablo has much less direct R&D into their products across teh board as compared to Superchips, it's a simnplel funciotn of "time in grade," so to speak, as it's a compartison of the oldest company in the business to one of the newest.

The Superchip makes as much power gain as can safely be made via tuning/powertrain programming, and they know more about the various aspects going on in these F-150 programs than anyone else. We've worked directly with Superchips for years & years on these F-150 programs (and programs in other platforms as well), as we specialize in F-150 platform performance.

We have yet to see a better powertrain program come from Diablo as compared to Superchips, not once did that happen for us when we carried that line. We haven't seen anyone do a better tune for these F-150's, and that's why we use that tuning in our vehicles and recommend it to everyone, they do an excellent job of tuning any F-150 in any configuraito yu can imagine, from the most mild bone-stocker to a rip-shorting 800 HP Lightning.

Now, could you by happy with a Diablo chip? Sure, you probably could, it is certainly better at improving performance than something like the generic Jet, Hypertech, etc. chips. In our experience, the order of preference was Superchips, then Diablo, and then Hypertech, and then Jet, just to give you an idea of how the top-ranking chipmakers stack up with us.

If you want a chip that gets maximum *safe* power gains and performance improvement, that tunes your vehicle for maximum HP & torque all the time at any throttle postiion, that tunes *every* vehicle according to it's exact PCM software revision and that is still 50-state emissions certified, then there is only 1 product that delivers all of that, and that is the Superchip.

Feel free to give us a call to go over this in more detail, & best of luck whatever you decide!

Quick Reply: Diablo sport or superchip