Window Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harley#356:

That's not a bad idea

You know its been about 4 months since I put the last of 6 coats on my truck and it still blows my mind on how good this truck looks and well it shines.

I have had some people ask "do you wax every weekend?" and "you must pay a detailer alot of money to keep it looking like that". Hell no, I say, about paying any detailer to touch my truck, unless of course I lived close to Intel, then I would spend the money because I know I could trust him to do an awesome job.

What to hear something funny? Went by the dealer about a month ago to get some limited slip when I changed the rear-end oil, anyway one of the guys on the lot (salesman) told me "Ford sure has some good clearcoat, has such a great shine."

After I got done laughing, I said "really, where?" because that sure aint the shine of Ford clearcoat on my truck....

Old 11-01-2002, 09:46 PM
i guess you've got your weekend planned now

Old 11-01-2002, 09:52 PM
Harley#356:

How well does that Zaino window cleaner work? Does it last a while? Is it like using RainX on the window? Is it easy? Do bugs slide off rather then splat on the window? I know the Zaino polish works great especially making it very easy getting deceased bugs off the hood, hell sometimes they seem like they are still alive... but then I make sure they are not around to ruin someone else's day...

Old 11-02-2002, 02:08 PM
its not like rainex and repel the water i dont think. i rarely drive the truck when its raining. it does bead up on the glass though like the paint. you could probably clean the windows with the zaino and then use rainx if you wanted

Old 11-02-2002, 04:33 PM
Oh, ok I don't and never have used rainx so was wondering if it was like it.

You don't drive your truck in rain. What was I thinking, I forgot that you keep your truck in a glass sealed, from any and all dirt etc type of garage.

Sure does look damn good. So you have had the Zaino on for a bit now, what do you think as far as durability? and maintaining the shine?

Old 11-02-2002, 05:46 PM
I haven't used the zaino polish in about a month probably. stilll looks like teh day i polished it, and definately looks better than the LG did, and holds up alot better, and no, i don't have a garage/carport/carcover, etc. She sits out in the driveway day and night I wish i had a garage though. will probably buy a stormweave cali cover this winter though. But in the past few weeks, we've had quite a bit of rain and stuff, and she still looks great! I'll probably wash it on wednesday again, then hit it with the z6. If i'm up to it, i may throw on another coat of z5, and 2 more of z2 and that'll probably do it for the winter, unless we get another really nice weekend, then i'll take advantage of that. It doesn't need it, but it won't hurt to put more on Only have one more show left this year i think

Quick Reply: Window Cleaner