Micro Fiber Towls

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Micro Fiber Towls

I picked up 2 of them at Wally World a while back, and they are awesome. I use one to get most of the water off the wheel, then the other one to really shine her up. I also use them on the windshield. I will pick up some more the next time I'm thier for the rest of the truck. You should invest in some, they are awesome.

Old 09-11-2002, 09:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree. Microfiber towels are great!

I really like the ones from YoSteve.com Lowest linting ones I have found so they are great for windows.

Old 09-11-2002, 10:33 PM
Intel,

Does color matter on these or any towel? I'm not sure, but I thought I heard somewhere to only use white.

Matt

Old 09-11-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by msteis
Intel,

Does color matter on these or any towel? I'm not sure, but I thought I heard somewhere to only use white.

Matt
Color on Microfiber towels really doesn't matter.

Actually, color on any towel really doesn't matter. If you are using color'ed towels for interior work, then wash them a few times to prevent color from fading out of them onto your carpet.

Old 09-11-2002, 11:34 PM
I like the color idea, that way you know what you have used each color on. For example, I wouldn't want to wipe off my wheels witht the cloth I used on the exhaust tips.

Old 09-12-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by PhillipSVT
I like the color idea, that way you know what you have used each color on. For example, I wouldn't want to wipe off my wheels witht the cloth I used on the exhaust tips.
Well one thin Pro's do is to dye their towels different color for different things for example, white for interior work, green for paint work, and red for grunge work (tires, engine, etc.)

Old 09-12-2002, 09:13 PM
I've been using microfiber towels for a few years now. The first ones, I had to import from Japan. I originally used them to clean my various optical devices.

Never thought to use them for cleaning wheels. I guess after having spent big bucks for them in the past, I just used them exclusively for cleaning glass.

The first piece I ever tried cost me $5.00 for a 5 inch square piece.

Last edited by Dennis; 09-12-2002 at 09:16 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 04-20-2003, 08:53 AM
Intel486

It sure is great to have someone like you around. I tell you, I have a question and do a search and bingo, my question is answered.

I was going to ask the question about colored towels. I have always used light blue 100% cotton bath towels made in the USA for my paintwork, for the same reason cited here (know what I've worked on color wise). I like to use white on the wheels because sometimes in the crevaces its hard to see if I've got everything clean, and a white towel assists my eyes in telling me that.

Anyway, this all started when I was reading something Sal Zaino said and he said, "never use any color [on towels] but white, as chemical dyes will come off..." But then again, I know Zymol sells COLORED towels for detail work (noting how their colored towels aren't "sized" like other towels). So either Zaino is wrong, or Zymol is wrong........

I'm presuming Sal is overreacting, and basically if you don't walk out of the store with a navy blue towel and take it straight to your truck, you won't have a problem, am I correct?

Old 04-20-2003, 06:51 PM
My paint towels are a light yellow color and my drying towels are a light brown and I don't notice any color transfer.

I know some people use Black towels on paint and don't have any problems.

I've talked to Ron K. about his towels as he dyes his green for paintwork. He said he washes them three to four times after he dyes them and never has a problem with color transfer.

Quick Reply: Micro Fiber Towls