Just waxed my truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just waxed my truck

I just got finished cleaning and waxing my truck, and it looks beautiful! I used Meguire's cleaner wax. And buffed it with a soft cotton towel. It looks like a mirror! Before, it looked kind of dull. Like it had a slight oxidation(sp) film over the paint. But now, it's as slick as a ribbon. Sorry no pics. You'll just have to take my word for it. Oh yeah, I did'nt get a drop of wax on the trim! I amaze myself sometimes.

Old 09-05-2002, 07:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, you might have had some slight oxidation but that cleaner wax must have taken care of it.

Oxidation looks like haze over the paint. Most people with red vehicles assume it is the red paint fading... It always impresses them what a rotary buffer can do

Old 09-05-2002, 07:53 PM
Must be nice, mine looks like crap and we are under 'water restrictions' here due to the drought (and my neighbor would just love to have just one thing to call the law on me for)

Old 09-05-2002, 08:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Petrol
Must be nice, mine looks like crap and we are under 'water restrictions' here due to the drought (and my neighbor would just love to have just one thing to call the law on me for)
Check out Protect All Quick & Easy Wash. Can wash your truck with around a gallon of water.

It is like protectall.com or something. I used the online retailer search and bought a gallon of it for $28 including shipping.

Old 09-05-2002, 08:30 PM
Yeah, that's what it looked like. A slight hazy film over the paint. It was'nt that recognizable, but I could still see it. But now it's gone.

Old 09-05-2002, 11:08 PM
now go buy mequiars polish, and yellow wax. . . #'s 7 and 26(code numbers that rep the product). do the polish, then put he wax over it. Then youll be like OMG x's 5. . .

btw pick up some gold class wash for your truck(made by meguiars also) get it real foamy when you wash, and dip your rag often, and youll never have aswirl mark, or scratches from washing.

btw the polish will make small scratches and/or swirl marks disappear

and NO i dont work for meguiars, though i wish i didi so i could get all their **** free

Old 09-05-2002, 11:13 PM
Wink How much off1/4 mile time?

A good wax job always makes the truck go faster. Or just look really good getting there.

Trending Topics

Old 09-06-2002, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I knocked off .02 tenths on my 0-60 times just by waxing my truck with Meguire's. I wonder how much quicker I'll be if I put a NOS sticker on my window? He,he.

Quick Reply: Just waxed my truck