Multiple Coats Klasse Sealant Glaze?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2002, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multiple Coats Klasse Sealant Glaze?

If you put multiple coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze on does the shine and finish keep getting deeper? I washed, clayed, AIO x 2, and Sealant Glaze x1, and am about to put another coat on now. Am I wasting time, or will it actually give me a deeper, wetter, shine?
303 protectant! Should you use it before you put Klasse on the plastic parts, or by itself? Just use Klasse?
I am getting lots more exercise since I bought my truck!

Old 06-02-2002, 08:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, put on multiple coats of Klasse SG. You should put atleast 3 coats of Klasse SG on it. I usually put 5 coats on. After 5 you really stop noticing a difference.

Don't put 303 on before Klasse SG. It'll prevent Klasse SG from bonding. What plastic parts are you using Klasse SG on?

LOL, exercise is what is so great about detailing. I get excercise while I'm having fun!

Old 06-02-2002, 10:41 PM
Well I just rubbed off the 2nd coat of Klasse. It is dark now and by the light of my garage light it appears to have a deeper shine. I may attempt a 3 layer before bed tonight and rub that off in the morning.
I think it must be good for my truck, because it seems to be making it grow. It is a little bigger each time I put a coat on. LOL

I put the Klasse on the plastic/polimer parts around the external rearveiw mirrors, around the bumpers and the ring around the back window. Is it better to just put 303 on these areas instead?

Old 06-03-2002, 01:20 AM
You need to wait 24 hours between coats of Klasse SG BTW.

Not sure about putting Klasse AIO on some of those plastic parts. I know ppl have used it as a plastic polish. I always apply a vinyl or rubber dressing to those areas like 303.

Old 06-03-2002, 05:01 PM
Thumbs up

I use the AIO on the exterior plastic and chrome parts and have had awesome results. It stays looking like new for a long time, plus it makes it easy to wash off bug guts and tar. It doesn't need to be done every wash either - I re-apply AIO every third wash to these parts and man, what a difference!

Old 06-04-2002, 08:02 PM
I waited 24 hrs to put another coat of SG on the truck. It looks like I am beginning to make the transition from a very nice shine to the wet, deep, layered in glass shine I have been trying to get. I could see a difference when I applied the SG, but I am going to let it set for at least 24 hrs before I buff it off. I guess I will be able to tell more then.

Old 06-05-2002, 02:34 AM
hmmm... 24 hours to buff off. I usually wait an hour but I talked to someone who Klassed his porche and let it sit several days before he buffed it off. Said there was hardly any residue left and it came off very easily. Maybe longer is better.

To help it buff off you can use a wet towel and then a dry towel. I do it when I buff on my Klasse SG. I have a wet microfiber towel and then follow quickly by a dry microfiber towel to buff to an ultra shine.

Trending Topics

Old 06-05-2002, 10:15 PM
Ok I think I am getting the hang of this. I had waited 6, and 8 hours between the 2nd and 3rd coats of Klasse SG. The shine improved but not dramatically. I believe that by not waiting 24 hrs for the layer to cure, I was probably just removing some of the previous layer. I waited 30 hours to remove the 4th layer, and yes I am getting a beautiful wet, glass like shine. The Toreador Red is 1/2 a shade deeper. I just put on the 5th layer and will take it off in a day, no 2 days. (I work 12 hrs Thursday) I am addicted! My neighbors think I am crazy. They have watched me clean my truck now for 4 days in a row. LOL
Once I get the 5th layer off, would it help to put a layer of Meguires Gold Class on top of the Klasse? Then reapply Meguires as needed? I want the shine to last a long time. Should I just touch up with another layer of SG instead?
The rain is gone and I can take my truck out of the garage soon!

Old 06-07-2002, 03:02 PM
I don't want to beat this thread to death, but for other nubies I wanted to post what I have learned.

1. Using a clay bar is easy, and does not take much time if the surface is already in good shape, and not too long even if it is not.

2. Klasse product really are much better than the run of the mill auto wax and polishes.

3. I got better results when I waited 24 hrs between coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze. It still comes off easily, but seems to do the wet, and deep shine better this way. I think you can rub it off sooner, but wait to apply the next coat. It comes off so easily you may as well let it set up over night.

4. Even if you think you are putting SG on thin, you are using too much. Using one of the final finish, touch up type products to wet your applicator lets it go on easier and more thinly.

5. A damp microfiber towel is great for polishing off the SG. I use the big blue towel.

6. Klasse really does darken the color (in a good way) giving you a more saturated color that looks wet.

Is it really worth all the work? I don't know yet. I love the way it looks now. If it keeps 90% of the color and shine it has over the next few months I would say yes.

Thanks again to all the helped with information.

Old 06-07-2002, 03:06 PM
Maybe you guys can help me out. I bought the following:

Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze
and
Klasse All-In-One

Which one should I use? Or should I apply the All-In-One then apply the seatlant glaze on top? Thanks for any help.

Old 06-07-2002, 05:01 PM
You should first use the AIO then the SG.

If the surface is in bad shape use 2 coats of the AIO, or better yet use a clay bar.

Old 06-07-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by DISPENSER4HIRE
If the surface is in bad shape use 2 coats of the AIO, or better yet use a clay bar.
AIO is a very very fine polish which also provides a protective coating. It is an all in one product kinda like a cleaner wax.

If his surface in is bad shape he'll probably want to use a heavier polish plus clay

Old 06-07-2002, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the info! I didn't need a clay bar or stronger polish as it's going on a 1 month old truck I used the all in one, then used the sealant. What a great finish! I still like my previous wax...The Wax Shops "Super Glaze". Excellent stuff, breeze to put on and take off. I hope the Klasse holds up better. Unlike most people I don't care much about the "Wet" look as much as I do about paint protection. The "Super Glaze" worked great for about a week and 1 drive through car wash. Klasse seems to be pretty tough. The all in one was pretty easy, the sealant went on good but you could tell it was stuck on really well when you start buffing it off. Overall I'am very please...the shine is awesome! Might put on some more coats of sealant but this 97F humid weather in South Texas make it quite a job. Now where's that cold beer?

Old 06-08-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Blake Bowden
The all in one was pretty easy, the sealant went on good but you could tell it was stuck on really well when you start buffing it off. Overall I'am very please...the shine is awesome! Might put on some more coats of sealant but this 97F humid weather in South Texas make it quite a job. Now where's that cold beer?
Yhea AIO buffs off very easily. I love it!

The Sealant Glaze is kinda hard to buff off. I find it easier to use two towels. One towel I make wet and do my first buffing with. I then use the second dry towel to buff to a shine.

Yhea, I like to put around 5 coats of Sealant Glaze on my truck.

Old 06-08-2002, 01:09 AM
I finally got the AIO and 2 coats of sealant on and it looks great. You can really tell a difference when you're looking down the side of the truck...especially the curves on the fenders and bed...much more reflection. Wierd thing is that it seems to make my truck a lighter color! I have the Dark Gray Harley and it looks like the silver metallic flakes sparkle more thus making the paint look lighter. Cool stuff though. I did a coat of sealant on my chrome wheels. Uhh...now I know why I haven't polished them yet. Pain the butt! Hopefully it will help when it comes time to clean the brake dust off.

Quick Reply: Multiple Coats Klasse Sealant Glaze?