Ford will pay part of door crack repair and repaint

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2001, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford will pay part of door crack repair and repaint

Just got off the phone with the Ford dealer here, and he told me Ford is going to cover 75% of the door crack fix. I will be responsible for the remaining 25%, or $154.00 (Canadian). My other problem is that the paint is cracking on the roof, sides and hood of the cab. Ford will cover up to $1000.00 for the repair, and I have to pay the rest. Which is about $697.00. These prices are all plus tax.

My truck has 82000 kilometers on it, about 50000 miles, with no extended warranty. What do you guys think about this? Is there any way I can get them to pay anymore?

Old 09-15-2001, 12:42 PM
consider yourself lucky

Ford Canada are major ******! They refuse to give me the preventative fix for my passenger door and my warranty expired on the 4th(I called in August). I think they should paid for all of them but considering your circumstance, you're lucky you got some of the bill off.

Old 09-18-2001, 09:44 AM
Smile

Queetz,

I went yesterday to another Ford dealer, and they told me that Ford will pay for 5 hours of the repair. It takes longer to do the repair (according to the autobody guy about 9-10 hours), but the dealer told me that it was their problem, they would deal with Ford. I was pretty impressed with that! Maybe you should try a different dealership, and see what they say!

The autobody guy told me there is a recall out for the cracks, but like I said before, Ford is only covering 5 hours of labour.

Old 09-19-2001, 11:10 PM
I'm still trying to get a response from my dealer and Ford on the issue. I live very close to you so the issues should be the same. I own a F150 S/C 4X4 60000 Kms bought second had through a private dealer from a dealship in Winnipeg. According to Phil Edmonston from Lemon-aid, he says to accept the offer for partial payment then take Ford to small claims court for the rest. Since by offering you partial payment they are in effect saying there is some type of warrenty there. Ford is more likely to settle then make an appearence in small claims court.

Old 09-21-2001, 09:12 AM
Cigar,

I got the same impression from Phil at Lemon-aid. I'll give it a week (should here back from Ford by then) and if their offer is still the same, then maybe I will take it.

If you are having trouble getting work done there, maybe it would be worth your while to bring it here, depending on how my situation ends up. Where abouts in Ontario are you?

Jeff

Old 09-24-2001, 10:45 AM
I'm in Kenora Jeff. It's a couple hours drive but it may be worth it, to just go to the dealer the truck originally came from. Problem is I also own a Windstar I bought new here. Thanks to Fords quality it has defects (transmission, rust) that I have to deal with the local dealership with. I'm interested in how you make out with your truck.

Old 09-24-2001, 12:27 PM
Cigar,

My dad has a 98 Windstar that he bought used, and he has no problems with it at all!

Quick Reply: Ford will pay part of door crack repair and repaint