Can this or will this end the clay bar? - NanoSkin AutoScrub

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For the little bit I do, GLC....I would say it's much easier to use. Just have to use plenty of juice with it. If you happen to drop it on the floor, all you have to do is rinse it in water and keep going. I'm far from a professional at detailing, but I like it.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:04 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
That's the info I'm looking for - thanks!

I don't like clay bars - they are a pain to keep kneading and getting a good grip on them. I'm not looking for anything that requires a DA to use. I have PLENTY of lube - a whole gallon of concentrated ONR.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
That's the info I'm looking for - thanks!

I don't like clay bars - they are a pain to keep kneading and getting a good grip on them. I'm not looking for anything that requires a DA to use. I have PLENTY of lube - a whole gallon of concentrated ONR.

Sounds like if you are doing it for ease of use and not to save $$, it might be worth a try for you.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:01 AM
What a disappointing thread. I wanted to read results and ended up screening through a bitch session. This thread is what? 4 mos old and no positive feed back? As of now, I'm not interested in trying this out. All due to a detractor. If I was this site sponsor I would not be happy about this. I'll stick to my clay bar thank you very much, but will continue to monitor this thread for information.

Originally Posted by glc
To those of you who have actually posted about this product in this thread, THANK YOU! To those of you who took his bait and started chewing on him, shame on you. Don't feed trolls!
Wise words for sure. Don't respond to him and he will eventually go away.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by c_ulater
What a disappointing thread. I wanted to read results and ended up screening through a bitch session. This thread is what? 4 mos old and no positive feed back? As of now, I'm not interested in trying this out. All due to a detractor. If I was this site sponsor I would not be happy about this. I'll stick to my clay bar thank you very much, but will continue to monitor this thread for information.

Wise words for sure. Don't respond to him and he will eventually go away.
I have to agree to you, I guess it's too new (and different) product to trust it's hype, not to say anything about price. Me, being an idiot at times like to try new items out that look interesting. That is why I posted what I did for 'GLC'. As I said, I used it and I was impressed with the results, I just have to finish the project soon before the weather goes to h**L here. More to the point of your post, I too had wished there was more of an assement of the product, it would be helpful for sure.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:59 PM
I've been using clay bar for a long time and I'm really happy with it. It will take a lot to get me to change, but if there is a better product, I want to give it a try. I would like to hear peoples opinion about how much detail spray it takes, (looks like he uses a lot), and is it that much faster. Takes time for me to break out the polisher, cords and pads.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:27 PM
I used the hand 3" one. Quite honestly, I didn't use any more spray than I would have used with the clay bar. I didn't quite have the 'berrys' to use the 3" DA with it this time around. As I had said, I am no professional at this, but I was pleased with the outcome. Just my .02, my friend.

If that's your truck in the signature....VERY NICE !!!

Old 08-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by sam1947
I used the hand 3" one. Quite honestly, I didn't use any more spray than I would have used with the clay bar. I didn't quite have the 'berrys' to use the 3" DA with it this time around. As I had said, I am no professional at this, but I was pleased with the outcome. Just my .02, my friend.
I agree. Using the the hand 3" is one thing. The DA pad, that takes some confidence.

Originally Posted by sam1947
If that's your truck in the signature....VERY NICE !!!
Yes it is. Thank you.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:51 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
I don't care how much spray you have to use - as I said, I have a gallon of ONR which when you mix it for clay lube, it's DIRT cheap. I'm looking for an alternative that works well, doesn't cause damage, and is easier to use and hang on to than a clay bar.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:18 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by c_ulater
I agree. Using the the hand 3" is one thing. The DA pad, that takes some confidence....<snip>.....
It does not take any more or less than using it by hand or using clay.

It is for removing contaminants from the paint, just like the clay process.

Similar to clay ( and just about anything with detail work ) if the wrong aggressiveness ( or misuse ) is used, it will induce more severe marring that will be obviously noticeable and need to be corrected.

The clay step is not a "defect free" step, and should always be followed up with at least a polish on a black pad.

If one were to look at this detail step, from clay to the Autoscrub, the clay would have a higher chance of producing marring with the method to get a fresh surface up. The folding process is turning the contaminants into the center of the clay to encase them before they are at the surface again ( from folding ).
The Autoscrub you clean it after each section against a grit guard, and the contaminants are not there to make their way back to the surface again.

Even following correct procedure, and not over reaching the life of the clay, marring can still happen, with a contaminant being picked up from the paint and moved around in a section before folding the clay over. Same thing can happen with the Autoscrub. About the only time a clay step is not inducing marring is when clay was not really called for ( contaminants not severe enough to have enough left in the surface of the clay ).

Old 08-31-2012, 03:24 PM
The one difference is that when using it by hand, there is much less risk of causing issues across a large surface area.

Where I see the biggest benefit of use , if it functions as advertised, is on the glass. Much less chance of damage, and a speed increase there would be welcomed.

Quick Reply: Can this or will this end the clay bar? - NanoSkin AutoScrub