Can this or will this end the clay bar? - NanoSkin AutoScrub

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 09:25 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can this or will this end the clay bar? - NanoSkin AutoScrub

NANOSKIN Autoscrub 6 inch Pad - Better and Faster than Claying

Wow is all I can say about this new tool and new technology. I believe this will change the way most pro detailers and DIYers will prep their cars. This is truly a time saver and will pay for itself after a couple detail jobs. We have spent in some cases 1-2 hours claying and prepping a midsize sedan (in rough shape) we recently tested the AutoScrub on an Audi S8 and we were finished in about 15 minutes! You really won't believe this until you try it yourself. The AutoScrub will make you leave your clay bar behind.

NANOSKIN AutoScrub works fast and achieves professional results with the new advanced rubber polymer technology, which replaces the use of clay bars.

A dual action orbital polisher is required. AutoScrub will safely and easily removes paint over spray, water spots, tree sap, rail dust and other bonded surface contaminants from the surface of automotive paint, glass, moldings and plastic.

AutoScrub works great with your favorite detail spray or clay lubricant. Unlike the clay bar, the AutoScrub can be cleaned by simply rinsing off the accumulated contaminates with water. If you drop the AutoScrub on the ground, no worries, just rinse the sponge pad clean and you're ready to keep using it.

AutoScrub allows for sturdy and controlled handling, unlike clay bars where constant reshaping is required.

Features
- Lasts up to 4 times longer than clay bars
- Glides on & off easily for a slick finish
- If inadvertently dropped on shop floor, simply rinse clean
- Up to 50-60 uses before you need to replace it

Directions
1. Thoroughly wash vehicle free of dust, sand, and dirt.
2. Mist sufficient detail spray or clay lubricant onto the surface evenly.
3. Polish the surface with dual action orbital polisher using light pressure (Low Speed).
4. Wipe off residue and move on to compound and polishing or even go straight to your last step.

Important tips:
- Sufficient lubrication is crucial to the AUTOSCRUB application.
- DO NOT use water
- DO NOT use with rotary polisher.

Take a look at the 3 offers we have. Pre Order Pricing is in effect, we should have the first wave by Friday.

NanoSkin AutoScrub 3 inch Kit

NanoSkin AutoScrub 6 inch Kit
Nano Skin AutoScrub 6 Inch Pad

Various photos of how the pad looks and works

3 inch pad kit

6 inch pad on the Griots on an Uber 5 inch backing plate

Old 04-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, the 3-inck kit is for use by hand?

Old 04-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
So are the contaminants being transferred to the pad, or are they being "ground flat" with the surface of the clearcoat?

Old 04-21-2012, 11:19 AM
Former Sponsor
they are being carries away with the clay lube.

as for the 3 inch pad you can use that with the applicator or on the orbital polisher with a 3 inch backing plate.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I have only had 1 vehicle in 30 years that required "clay-bar" to remove the contaminents......this is clearly just another "Toy" that is designed to make money for an item that has "Bling' but serves no real purpose that isn't already accomplished by existing resources that with greater effectiveness and less cost to both the user and client...IMHO, of course!

Old 04-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by beechkid
I have only had 1 vehicle in 30 years that required "clay-bar" to remove the contaminents......this is clearly just another "Toy" that is designed to make money for an item that has "Bling' but serves no real purpose that isn't already accomplished by existing resources that with greater effectiveness and less cost to both the user and client...IMHO, of course!
Should your Honest Opinion on this, be taken with the same gain of salt, as your comment about how RR is a paid blogger for Megs ?

Don't come into a Site sponsor's thread and bash their products.

They are paying to keep the site free, even for a troll like you to use.

You have as much class as Takeda in this regard....

Old 04-21-2012, 07:32 PM
What kind of detailing experience do you have? I'd love to see some pictures of your fantastic work.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Coming from a guy that recommends washing with plain water (no soap), I will take this as another case of you spewing ignorance out of your rear end, just like your washing practices.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:52 PM
I'd be interested in seeing how the process worked by hand. I would not be a fan of trying it via machine. Too much chance to inflict additional damage, imo.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by Gipraw
I'd be interested in seeing how the process worked by hand. I would not be a fan of trying it via machine. Too much chance to inflict additional damage, imo.
I was wondering the same thing.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:45 PM
If Megs doesn't make this product I am not interested and I cannot blog it.

Kidding of course, I am actually very interested in this one verses some of the other clay alternatives out there. I like to see a few different test videos for this...one on a pretty well maintained surface and one on a very neglected surface....one you could feel crap in the paint.

BTW, how often do you need to rinse the pad on a job? So for each section with clay, you fold and go right? Same process? Maybe give it a rinse on each side of the car/Truck?

Old 06-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Any updates on this? Seems like a huge time saving win, which leads me to be a bit skeptical.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Former Sponsor
not sure if you want feedback from me but we have not picked up a clay bar in 3 months.

I don't believe we will ever go back. this is the real deal, time saver, money saver.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by detailersdomain
not sure if you want feedback from me but we have not picked up a clay bar in 3 months.

I don't believe we will ever go back. this is the real deal, time saver, money saver.

Absolutely we want feedback from you.

Are you doing it by hand, by machine, or both?

Old 06-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by detailersdomain

Any and all opinions. I appreciate vendors trying to get the word out on new stuff, but I'm also a skeptic. So hearing it from as many points of view/experiences, etc helps.

I've got enough clay to go another year or so, but if the mother in law brings her car over and wants it done in an afternoon this may be the ticket.

Quick Reply: Can this or will this end the clay bar? - NanoSkin AutoScrub